Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    Wow just got done looking through this thread and you do some amazing work, just curious what products do you use for your 2 step corrections ?

Subscribed to this thread
    Thank You!

My 2-step varies a lot and it usually comes down to the type of paint I`m working on and the starting condition. I`ve been testing some beta polishes lately too so it`s been all over the place tbh. For the initial cut it`s usually something like M100, M205, or HD Adapt on a MF pad and then I`ll usually follow that up with M205, HD Polish, Hyper Polish on a foam polishing or finishing pad. Lots of ways to achieve the same end goal and each has their pros and cons. personally I really like using low dusting products, but that`s not always an option and their is usually a trade off with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7 View Post
    Congrats on the new garage. Are you building on your existing property or moving to a new location?
    Thanks! We will actually be adding to our existing property. We meet with the city planning commission next Monday and hopefully we can start the project before the end of June. The garage I currently work out of is no longer mine (sold after I got married) and I just rent it from the new owner now....which is why it`s slowly been filling up with more of his stuff and my work area keeps shrinking. :/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

2010 S4 in for paint correction. This one was done with the new Griot`s BOSS system, Fast Correcting Cream on the G21 with MF Fast cut pads. The 50/50 image is after one polishing cycle. The paint was almost LSP ready at that point but I followed it up with the Finishing Sealant on the yellow pads.

Likes Mp0wer, Migue, mshu7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    . For the initial cut it`s usually something like M100, M205, or HD Adapt on a MF pad
    Do you fine M100 has as much cut with a DA and M101?? Price is certainly better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Do you fine M100 has as much cut with a DA and M101?? Price is certainly better.
    I think they are pretty close, but M101 should cut more. I just like using M100 more.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez chad you do a lot of S4`s, may I ask what you used to get those exhaust tips looking so shiny ?

This is what I`m dealing with

2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

So would you say that this Fast Correction Cream is a blend of(performance-wise) compound and Polish, pretty much good to use as an "AIO"/ 1 -Step? (without the wax in the AIO part of course). Those are some great results, I`m only carrying D151 as my AIO/ 1-Step Go to at the moment only and would like to add other options to my supply just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez chad you do a lot of S4`s, may I ask what you used to get those exhaust tips looking so shiny ?

This is what I`m dealing with
    LOL, my wife said the same thing the other day!

I`ll remove any tar and then hit them with #0000 steel wool and a metal polish and the follow it up with the same polish on a MF towel. Usually I`m using HD Metal or Optimum Metal polish.
    Likes mshu7, Mp0wer, qrwteyrutiyoup liked this post
    Thanks Mp0wer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    So would you say that this Fast Correction Cream is a blend of(performance-wise) compound and Polish, pretty much good to use as an "AIO"/ 1 -Step? (without the wax in the AIO part of course). Those are some great results, I`m only carrying D151 as my AIO/ 1-Step Go to at the moment only and would like to add other options to my supply just in case.
    No, it`s still a heavy cut compound more in line with M105, FG400, or HD cut, but since it uses micro abrasives it finishes down pretty well. It will leave some faint DA haze, but on harder clears like this Audi it will be pretty minimal. IMO it should always be followed up though, even if I could have gotten away with it on this car since it`s white.

Now the Griot`s Correction Cream can be used for a 1-step and should finish LSP ready on most all paints with the appropriate pads choice.
    Likes Migue, mshu7 liked this post
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful as always Chad!
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This vehicle belongs to a good client/family that I`ve been doing cars for a few years now. This particular BMW sits outside 24/7 and becuase of this the paint had some pretty extensive contamination including bugs, tar, sap, rust blooms, and even a few areas with artillery fungus. The swirls weren`t too bad, but still required a 2-step correction to get it looking like new again.

Process:
    Wash - Megs Hyper Wash via traditional wash, IronX, Tarminator, rewash
    Wheels - Sonax Full Effect Plus and various brushes, and Tarminator on the tar
    Tires - Megs D143, dressed with Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Jambs - OPC with mitt and boars hair brush
    Clay - Nanoskin Prep towel with Glide as lube on all paint and glass
    Paint correction step 1 - Griot`s Fast Correcting Cream with Griot`s MF pads
    Paint correction Step 2 - Griot`s Perfecting Cream with yellow Groit`s foam pads
    Tool used - G21, G15, Rupes LHR75e, G110v2
    Towels - Griot`s PFM drying towel, Megs Ultimate Wipes, Griot`s PFM Glass towels, DI all purpose towels
    Glass - Megs D120
    LSP - 2 coats of Collinite 476

Before

After

Likes Migue, Mp0wer, mshu7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great work (as always)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great work Chad, you don`t see many BMW estates like this in America
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. How psyched were you it was finally a white vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Great work Chad, you don`t see many BMW estates like this in America
    No doubt, especially not with the M-Sport package.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Nice job. How psyched were you it was finally a white vehicle.
    2 in a row now, I`m getting spoiled!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work Rasky. What kind of scissor lift are you using?
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information