Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

Awesome shop! And those floors looks great

/Tony
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

RaskyR1 (AKA Chad):
    Thanks for sharing photos of your shop/garage/man cave. Some questions on this new flooring:
    1) How did you find out about this particular flooring and who is the manufacturer?
    2) What was needed to install it? IE, Prep work to old epoxy or removal of old epoxy flooring?
    3) In hind sight, would you have done this flooring if it was available over the epoxy, or was it just too costly at that time? I know DIY with the epoxy installation saved you a lot of that initial cost.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Chad,

Do you have manual control over your camera and a tripod where you can set up a long exposure picture? I bet that would give you a better representation of what your floor looks like in person. Our eyes are amazing at dark adaptation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    RaskyR1 (AKA Chad):
    Thanks for sharing photos of your shop/garage/man cave. Some questions on this new flooring:
    1) How did you find out about this particular flooring and who is the manufacturer?
    2) What was needed to install it? IE, Prep work to old epoxy or removal of old epoxy flooring?
    3) In hind sight, would you have done this flooring if it was available over the epoxy, or was it just too costly at that time? I know DIY with the epoxy installation saved you a lot of that initial cost.
    Hey Lonnie,

1. I had read about polyaspartics when researching flooring but it had a higher cost and I was hesitant because it cures much faster and a lot of articles said it wasn`t best for DIYers. My brother in-law had his garage done a few years ago by the same company and I was very impressed with it, but at the time it was too expensive. I`m not sure what brand they used but it was a very reputable company that applied it (they actually did some of the Mall of America flooring).
    2. They did have to regrind the floors but only fully removed the old coating in the areas where it failed due to me applying it too thick. He said the primer was bonding very well in the other areas. I would highly suggest that anyone who plans to apply a floor coating to have the floors grinded or shot blasted, prep is key!
    3. In hind sight I would have just paid to have it professionaly applied and saved money in the long run. Not sure which coating I would have went with but when it comes to polyaspartics vs. epoxy each seems to have their pros and cons. I was impressed with my brother in-laws place though and how it has held up over the years so I wanted the same thing he had applied. The polyaspartics cure super fast too and I needed a quick turn around as I couldn`t have my garage tied up waiting for the epoxy to cure.

Some other thoughts....

I will say it`s a very noticeable difference in durability so far over the old epoxy, but to be fair that is in part due to the urethane top coat I used with the epoxy and the lack of the chips being added. Even this new stuff is a little slick when wet, though not near as bad as the old stuff was. Having the chips added helps with the slip resistance and they added some other stuff too, aluminum oxide I believe. It seems to depend more on shoe choice though as I haven`t slipped at all but my wife came out in sandals one day when I was washing a car and she said it was slippery. The installer said having the chips adds more texture and that I shouldn`t have any issues with my creeper chair casters marring my floor like the old stuff...I haven`t seen a single mark yet after several cars being done so that`s awesome. The glow chips were pretty expensive and had the company not offered to split the cost with me I probably wouldn`t have done them. I talked to the one worker and he said he`d been doing this 20 years and had never seen it before so they were just as excited to see how it would look as I was. I`d love to figure out how to better capture how it looks in person with pics and maybe even play around with it and some light painting on a finished car.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Chad,

Do you have manual control over your camera and a tripod where you can set up a long exposure picture? I bet that would give you a better representation of what your floor looks like in person. Our eyes are amazing at dark adaptation.
    I do. 2 of the above pics were with my DSLR and a 30 second shutter. One of my clients does photography and he is going to come over one evening and mess around with some pics. The zoomed in pic is a pretty close representation but viewing the full room just looks different, especially once your eyes adjust.
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

2007 Mustang GT500 40th Anniversary (with Super Snake mods)

This vehicle belongs to a good client of mine and was in for a 2-step paint correction and ceramic coating application. Car is putting down 700+ crowd mowing horsepower!

Process:

Wash – Meguiar’s Hyper Wash and natural lambs wool mitt
    Wheels – P21S Gel, then hand polished with Optimum Metal Polish.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep – Griot’s Fast Surface Prep Mitt and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction – FCC on the Rupes 21 with BOSS MF pads followed by Hyper Polish on the G15 with tangerine LC hydro pads. Some spot correction with the G110v2 and 3" pads, and the Nano with 1" pads.
    Glass – Megs D120 and Griot’s PFM glass towels
    Coating Prep - GTechniq Panel Wipe
    Coating - EXOv4

Before paint condition

After pics

Video walk around, play in HD.
    https://youtu.be/7I7BDSvoeuc

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs, JustJesus, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great work and write up and pictures!

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great work and write up and pictures!

/Tony
    Thanks, I should have used my DSLR for this one but I`ve been real lazy lately about using it since iPhone pictures are getting pretty good now, especially if just using for social media.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

RaskyR1- I`m late to this party, but Oh Man is your shop nice and clean! Do you wash vehicles in the room you pictured with the So Cool Looking floor coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RaskyR1- I`m late to this party, but Oh Man is your shop nice and clean! Do you wash vehicles in the room you pictured with the So Cool Looking floor coating?
    Thank you!

I will wash in there when I have to (winter) but usually try to wash outside when I can. It`s only 20` from the door to the front edge of the lift pit so for trucks and other larger vehicles I lay down a 1/16" sheet of 4` x 8` plastic with a foam gasket on the backside to keep water from going down in there. I used it for the first time last winter and it seems to work pretty well.

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Thanks, I should have used my DSLR for this one but I`ve been real lazy lately about using it since iPhone pictures are getting pretty good now, especially if just using for social media.
    Yeah the cameras in the phones are great now days. Especially when the lighning is good you get some awesome pictures for the social media. I have Sony Xperia phones lately and is very satisfied with the pictures. I`m not a good photagrafer and not thinking so much of angles and such when takeing photos. So a simple snap shot just for me and shareing sometimes they work great. And those that have the eye for takeing photos can get some pretty great pictures

Post Thanks / Like

New 2018 Mustang GT in for paint correction, long-term ceramic coating application to paint and wheels, and Xpel PPF applied to the back truck piece. This one apparently saw a few slap n` scratch washes at the dealer prior to the owner buying it.

I LOVE this color!

Process:

Wash – Meguiar’s Hyper Wash and natural lambs wool mitt
    Wheels – P21S Gel with various brushes
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Correction – FCC on the G15 with BOSS MF pads followed by Hyper Polish on the G15 with tangerine LC hydro pads. Some spot correction with the G110v2 and 3" pads, and the Nano with 1-2" pads.
    Coating Prep - GTechniq Panel Wipe
    Coating - Ceramic

Before pics

Deep RID on trunk

Nasty car wash scratches

50/50

50/50 of the back taillights. After polishing the center piece was wrapped in PPF

Trying to get creative with the floor and car

After pics....this color really changes with the light

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes Ronkh, RaydiantDetail, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful as always.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Long time client of mine brought this beautiful `52 Chevy truck back in for a polish. It`s been just over 4 years since I corrected and coated it and the owner took out the mild 350 for a new hopped up, balanced and blue printed 383 stroker.

Not a lot of pics of this one as she was in decent shape other than the front end.

Process:

Wash – ONR
    Wheels – ONR, polished with Meguiar`s Mag polish and a power wheel.
    Paint Correction – FCC on the Rupes 21/G15 with BOSS MF pads followed by HD Speed on the G15 with tangerine LC hydro pads. Some spot correction with the G110v2 and 3" pads, and the Nano with 1-2" pads.

Pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes Oneheadlite, Ronkh, RaydiantDetail, SWETM liked this post

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information