Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S, 2-step correction and CQuartz Finest coating application

This one was a referral from another one of my long time clients. With only 700 miles on it this one was in pretty rough shape, have been run through the "slap n` scratch" by the dealer a few times...

Process:

Wash – Meguiar’s Hyper Wash and natural lambs wool mitt
    Wheels – Sonax FE+ Wheel Cleaner & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Prep – Griot’s Fast Surface Prep Mitt and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction – Groit`s Fast Correct on the Rupes 21/G15 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Optimum Hyper Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas were done with Megs G110v2 and the Rupes Nano.
    Glass – Megs D120 and Griot’s PFM glass towels
    Coating Prep - Panel Wipe followed by IPA
    Coating - 2 coats Cquartz Finest

Before

Holograms

Car wash scratches

A few deep RIDS too

This vehicle also had the optional "Black Package", so all the trim was in high gloss black, which was also hammered with swirls. Trim was all masked off for correction

Before video showing swirled up trim

After video showing trim all corrected

After pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes Ronkh, Mp0wer, trashmanssd, WaxAddict, Migue and 5 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

Bet client was happy.

The way black should look!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Ron.

Looks better than new! Literally?

Reminds me of my friend`s Chevy Volt. I saw it the day after he bought it. They didn`t even wash it. Even then, you could still see the swirls all over the place. I offered him a deep discount, but he only went with a basic wash and wax....once. haha.. Yeeeeah. Oh well. He hates that car and doesn`t care for it. Doing it for the great MPGs.

Back to Rasky..... Nice work, sir! Really liking the last pic. Better than new

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Low mileage 1968 Corvette. This one was a pre-sale paint correction for my detailing mentor....just a quick 2-step. Loved this color!

Process:

Wash – ONR
    Wheels – ONR
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing 3:1
    Paint Correction – Groit`s Fast Correct on the Rupes 21/G15 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by HD Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas were done with Megs G110v2 and the Rupes Nano.
    LSP – Griot`s Poli-Seal

Before

After

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky

Just drooled on my keyboard

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RaskyR1, WaxAddict, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Hellcat in for a multi-step paint correction and CQuartz Finest application. This is a recently acquired vehicle and the newer owner wanted to get it looking the way it should.

Process:

Paint Correction – M100 on the rotary with Megs Solo wool pad, quich pass with Groit`s Fast Correct on the Rupes 21/G15 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Optimum Hyper Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas were done with Megs G110v2 and the Rupes Nano.
    Coating Prep - Eraser followed by IPA
    Coating - 2 coats Cquartz Finest

Some deeper RIDS remained that weren`t worth chasing after, though they were very hard to spot after correction.

Rear taillights are always hammered on these cars! :/

After pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Tesla Model s P90D. This one was in for a 2-step paint correction and paint sealant. Owner had been running this vehicle through auto washes so after talking we decided against doing a coating and he will come back in the spring for a coating if he can show that it will be maintained properly from here on out. He was provided an ONR wash kit when he picked it up and was also given a demo (along with his son) on how to use it.

Process:

Paint Correction – Groit`s Fast Correct on the Rupes 21/G15 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Optimum Hyper Polish on the G15 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas were done with Megs G110v2 and the Rupes Nano.
    LSP - Optimum Opti-Seal topped with Spray Wax.

Before pics

After pics

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky

Beautiful
    Likes RaskyR1, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work...where did you get the metal Griots Garage sign?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Beautiful work...where did you get the metal Griots Garage sign?
    Thanks! Got the sign from my good friend Jeff Brown. It`s just sitting up there for now...eventually it will go into my service room as I don`t want any signage in the garage once it`s complete. Nice sign though!

Post Thanks / Like

Been slacking on posting lately...

I`ve been looking at some of your old click and brags from 2011-2012, I started on page 100...amazing work
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

you da man rasky!

Post Thanks / Like

Set up a little product testing on Big Red last weekend. While I`ve had various coating of the roof of the vehicle for over 2 years now it`s not ideal for certain testing. I set this panel up to see which coating stays cleaner during the harsh, sloppy MN winter. I also want to see which ones release dirt the best and to see how they hold up against the nasty salt, mag chloride filled roads.

Left to right: EXOv3, CSL, CQuartz Finest, OCP, FK1000, Feynlab Ceramic, Feynlab Ceramic Lite, OCP/OCP+, Gloss-Coat.

FK1000 was thrown into the mix just to see how a popular winter wax compares. The areas under the tape are untreated and will serve as a control. I planned to add BC-04 to a section as well but it had gone bad sitting on the shelf for too long. Coatings were allowed 40hrs to cure before being exposed to the elements today and I cured them with the IR lamps for about 20 minutes too. We had some snow this morning so it should be nice and slopped up by the weekend.

Thanks JustJesus, trashmanssd, nickclark08 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

NINE - whoa.

Should be awesome! Nice touch in adding FK1000P into this mix. Looking forward to updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Chad,

Cool idea. Tailgates/liftgates on trucks/SUV`s seem to take the brunt of winter roads. This should prove to be a great test of the different coatings properties. I wish you could have fit another 8 coatings on the bed sides

I`m rooting for the underdog, go Finish Kare

This test deserves its own thread.

Thanks for taking the the time for the cool test.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Ram btw. My favorite feature of the Ram trucks are those dual exhaust notches/cutouts and painted rear bumper.
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Nice Ram btw. My favorite feature of the Ram trucks are those dual exhaust notches/cutouts and painted rear bumper.
    Thanks! Not really a Dodge fan but I love the looks of the truck and Ford/Chevy couldn`t even come close to it when comparing lease rates.

Perhaps I`ll start another thread once I have some results for the test panels.
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread Information