Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

2010 Lexus RX450h in for a multi-step correction and CQuartz Finest coating application. This vehicle has seen 5 years of regular full service tunnel wash abuse and the owner wanted to get it dialed in after I did his new BMW this spring. No more tunnel washes either.

Process:

Wash - ONR Wash
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - M100 on the rotary with a Solo wool pad. Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by HD Polish+ on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Coating Prep - Eraser wipe-down followed by IPA
    Coating - 2 Coats of Finest applied to paint, trim coated with Opti-Lens

Before pics

Not bad, right???

Wrong!

50/50`s

After

Thanks for looking,

Rasky
    Likes Migue, mshu7, Mp0wer, 4u2nvinmtl, Hammer208S liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

Great save! that clear coat was horrible and painful to look at.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wowzers! What a save. That`s one of your best turn-arounds. Incredible work Chad!
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

E46 M3 in for a 1-step "plus" correction and PPF removal. The "plus" part is because I wanted to try the new CarPro Essence sample so I step up my correction step and used Essence as a finishing polish to refine the paint and amp up the gloss.

When I finished working late last Saturday night on this car I still had to do the windows, exhaust, and a few other misc items and planned to take full car after pics when I was done. Unfortunately delivery of the car was pushed out to 4 days later and I had forgotten to take after pics with my SLR, so all I have is a few with my iPhone after I was done polishing.

Process:

Wash - ONR
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Tar Removal - Tarminator
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Essence on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish
    LSP - Decided to top Essence with 22ple VS1 at the last minute.

PPF FUN!

NOT!

A little over an hour later...

50/50`s after Fast Correct

Swirling wasn`t too bad, but the paint had lots of staining and water spots

Holograms on the drivers side...

Before

After Fast Correct

After Essence

iPhone pics after polishing, car isn`t finished here though

Thanks for looking,

Rasky
    Likes zmcgovern45, JSFM35X, donbeezy, Ronkh, Mp0wer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Love the gloss but now with Essence I am sure everyone will be getting these results right? LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great job, How much filling are you seeing? Do you still 3 step a car like this or is it 2 plus essence?

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    E46 M3 in for a 1-step "plus" correction and PPF removal. The "plus" part is because I wanted to try the new CarPro Essence sample so I step up my correction step and used Essence as a finishing polish to refine the paint and amp up the gloss.

When I finished working late last Saturday night on this car I still had to do the windows, exhaust, and a few other misc items and planned to take full car after pics when I was done. Unfortunately delivery of the car was pushed out to 4 days later and I had forgotten to take after pics with my SLR, so all I have is a few with my iPhone after I was done polishing.

Process:

Wash - ONR
    Tar Removal - Tarminator
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Essence on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    LSP - Decided to top Essence with 22ple VS1 at the last minute.

PPF FUN!

NOT!

A little over an hour later...

50/50`s after Fast Correct

Swirling wasn`t too bad, but the paint had lots of staining and water spots

Holograms on the drivers side...

Before

After Fast Correct

After Essence

iPhone pics after polishing, car isn`t finished here though

Thanks for looking,

Rasky
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great work. I own a 2015 BMW with the same deep blue color.
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Nice, Love the gloss but now with Essence I am sure everyone will be getting these results right? LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Great job, How much filling are you seeing? Do you still 3 step a car like this or is it 2 plus essence?
    I`ll need to play with it more to test how much filling it`s capable of. My intended use for this product is mainly just as a Primer prior to coating. That way I don`t have to wipe the car down with Eraser/IPA, which I`ve never been a fan of. Essence does have abrasives in it so I believe it`s more than capable of refining the paint after the compounding step, as long as it`s only light marring/DA haze. Griot`s new Fast Correct Cream finishes down so well on these paints that any finishing polish should have no trouble removing any left over marring/DA haze.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`ll need to play with it more to test how much filling it`s capable of. My intended use for this product is mainly just as a Primer prior to coating. That way I don`t have to wipe the car down with Eraser/IPA, which I`ve never been a fan of. Essence does have abrasives in it so I believe it`s more than capable of refining the paint after the compounding step, as long as it`s only light marring/DA haze. Griot`s new Fast Correct Cream finishes down so well on these paints that any finishing polish should have no trouble removing any left over marring/DA haze.
    Excellent work as always! Keep us updated with your findings with Essence. I think we are all intrigued by it, but on the fence with what it promises.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

As always, beautiful.

Please keep us up on essence.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

New garage/shop coming along. Pit for the Bendpak SP-7X is dug, foam down, drain in, and forms being built now. Hope to pour floor this week still.

Post Thanks / Like

2011 Audi A5, recent CPO purchase. In for paint correction and CQuartz Finest coating application.

Process:

Wash - Traditional Wash with Megs Hyper Wash
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by M205 on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Coating Prep - CarPro Essence on a yellow Groit`s BOSS pad
    Coating - 2 coats of Finest applied to paint, lights, and wheels.
    Glass - Megs D120

Pics

Sanding marks on repainted areas

Sanding marks removed

50/50 after compounding

Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes Stokdgs, Mp0wer, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

that audi came from texas to get worked on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    that audi came from texas to get worked on?
    No, he just moved up to MN from Texas and purchased the car just before he left.

He was previously going to Detail Werkz for his detailing needs and was well educated on everything.
    Likes donbeezy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Floor for the new garage is all done. Framing inside walls next.

Post Thanks / Like

<----- Jealous
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information