Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 365
  1. #136
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    2010 Lexus RX450h in for a multi-step correction and CQuartz Finest coating application. This vehicle has seen 5 years of regular full service tunnel wash abuse and the owner wanted to get it dialed in after I did his new BMW this spring. No more tunnel washes either.

    Process:

    Wash - ONR Wash
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - M100 on the rotary with a Solo wool pad. Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by HD Polish+ on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Coating Prep - Eraser wipe-down followed by IPA
    Coating - 2 Coats of Finest applied to paint, trim coated with Opti-Lens

    Before pics

    Not bad, right???


    Wrong!










    50/50`s






    After














    Thanks for looking,

    Rasky
    Likes Migue, mshu7, Mp0wer, 4u2nvinmtl, Hammer208S liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

  2. #137
    Migue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Great save! that clear coat was horrible and painful to look at.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

  3. #138
    mshu7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Wowzers! What a save. That`s one of your best turn-arounds. Incredible work Chad!
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

    Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

  4. #139
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    E46 M3 in for a 1-step "plus" correction and PPF removal. The "plus" part is because I wanted to try the new CarPro Essence sample so I step up my correction step and used Essence as a finishing polish to refine the paint and amp up the gloss.

    When I finished working late last Saturday night on this car I still had to do the windows, exhaust, and a few other misc items and planned to take full car after pics when I was done. Unfortunately delivery of the car was pushed out to 4 days later and I had forgotten to take after pics with my SLR, so all I have is a few with my iPhone after I was done polishing.

    Process:

    Wash - ONR
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Tar Removal - Tarminator
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Essence on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish
    LSP - Decided to top Essence with 22ple VS1 at the last minute.

    PPF FUN!


    NOT!


    A little over an hour later...


    50/50`s after Fast Correct

    Swirling wasn`t too bad, but the paint had lots of staining and water spots










    Holograms on the drivers side...




    Before


    After Fast Correct


    After Essence


    iPhone pics after polishing, car isn`t finished here though












    Thanks for looking,

    Rasky
    Likes zmcgovern45, JSFM35X, donbeezy, Ronkh, Mp0wer liked this post

  5. #140

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    4,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Nice, Love the gloss but now with Essence I am sure everyone will be getting these results right? LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


    Great job, How much filling are you seeing? Do you still 3 step a car like this or is it 2 plus essence?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    E46 M3 in for a 1-step "plus" correction and PPF removal. The "plus" part is because I wanted to try the new CarPro Essence sample so I step up my correction step and used Essence as a finishing polish to refine the paint and amp up the gloss.

    When I finished working late last Saturday night on this car I still had to do the windows, exhaust, and a few other misc items and planned to take full car after pics when I was done. Unfortunately delivery of the car was pushed out to 4 days later and I had forgotten to take after pics with my SLR, so all I have is a few with my iPhone after I was done polishing.

    Process:

    Wash - ONR
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Tar Removal - Tarminator
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by Essence on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish
    LSP - Decided to top Essence with 22ple VS1 at the last minute.

    PPF FUN!


    NOT!


    A little over an hour later...


    50/50`s after Fast Correct

    Swirling wasn`t too bad, but the paint had lots of staining and water spots










    Holograms on the drivers side...




    Before


    After Fast Correct


    After Essence


    iPhone pics after polishing, car isn`t finished here though












    Thanks for looking,

    Rasky
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  6. #141

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Springfield, NJ
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Great work. I own a 2015 BMW with the same deep blue color.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks RaskyR1 thanked for this post

  7. #142
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Nice, Love the gloss but now with Essence I am sure everyone will be getting these results right? LOL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


    Great job, How much filling are you seeing? Do you still 3 step a car like this or is it 2 plus essence?
    I`ll need to play with it more to test how much filling it`s capable of. My intended use for this product is mainly just as a Primer prior to coating. That way I don`t have to wipe the car down with Eraser/IPA, which I`ve never been a fan of. Essence does have abrasives in it so I believe it`s more than capable of refining the paint after the compounding step, as long as it`s only light marring/DA haze. Griot`s new Fast Correct Cream finishes down so well on these paints that any finishing polish should have no trouble removing any left over marring/DA haze.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

  8. #143
    XxBoostinxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,013
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I`ll need to play with it more to test how much filling it`s capable of. My intended use for this product is mainly just as a Primer prior to coating. That way I don`t have to wipe the car down with Eraser/IPA, which I`ve never been a fan of. Essence does have abrasives in it so I believe it`s more than capable of refining the paint after the compounding step, as long as it`s only light marring/DA haze. Griot`s new Fast Correct Cream finishes down so well on these paints that any finishing polish should have no trouble removing any left over marring/DA haze.
    Excellent work as always! Keep us updated with your findings with Essence. I think we are all intrigued by it, but on the fence with what it promises.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black


  9. #144
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    26,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    As always, beautiful.

    Please keep us up on essence.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

  10. #145
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    New garage/shop coming along. Pit for the Bendpak SP-7X is dug, foam down, drain in, and forms being built now. Hope to pour floor this week still.


  11. #146
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    2011 Audi A5, recent CPO purchase. In for paint correction and CQuartz Finest coating application.

    Process:

    Wash - Traditional Wash with Megs Hyper Wash
    Wheels - Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus & various brushes.
    Tires - Cleaned with Megs D143 and Tuf-Shine brush. Dressed with Megs Hyper Dressing
    Paint Prep - Nanos Skin Towel and Glide as lube
    Paint Correction - Groit`s Fast Correct Cream on the G21 with Griot`s MF BOSS pads followed by M205 on the G21 with yellow BOSS pads. Tight areas done with Rupes LHR75e
    Coating Prep - CarPro Essence on a yellow Groit`s BOSS pad
    Coating - 2 coats of Finest applied to paint, lights, and wheels.
    Exhaust - Optimum Metal Polish
    Glass - Megs D120


    Pics

    Sanding marks on repainted areas




    Sanding marks removed


    50/50 after compounding



















    Thanks for looking,
    Rasky
    Likes Stokdgs, Mp0wer, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  12. #147
    donbeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Nederland, TX
    Posts
    1,475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    that audi came from texas to get worked on?

  13. #148
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    that audi came from texas to get worked on?
    No, he just moved up to MN from Texas and purchased the car just before he left.

    He was previously going to Detail Werkz for his detailing needs and was well educated on everything.
    Likes donbeezy liked this post

  14. #149
    Rasky's Auto Detailing RaskyR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    4,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    Floor for the new garage is all done. Framing inside walls next.







    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  15. #150
    Wax Waster Ronkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SwFL
    Posts
    26,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing - High-End Auto Detailing and Premier Coating Installer, Minnesota Metro Area

    <----- Jealous
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

 

 
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Signature Detailing New Jerseys Premier Coating Installer
    By Greg Gellas in forum Northeast USA
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 02-20-2016, 05:28 PM
  2. Premier Auto Detailing by Evan: 2004 Nissan Titan Paint Correction and Coating
    By Evan.J in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 07:58 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 03:41 AM
  5. 2012 Kia Optima, new car prep and Opti-Guard coating: Rasky`s Auto Detailing
    By RaskyR1 in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •