Post Thanks / Like
    This afternoon, as my wife was driving our near flawless 2012 GMC Terrain through a parking lot, an elderly woman backed out of a parking space in her Honda Odyssey and firmly planted the left corner of her rear bumper squarely into the sheet metal of the right side rear door.

The paint is Carbon Black Metallic. If you aren`t familiar with these vehicles, the sides are billboard-like with very few lines to break up the sheet metal. Up till today, we didn`t even have a ding in the sheet metal.

I`m in Macedonia, which is near Twinsburg & about half way between Cleveland & Akron. I`ve only been out here a few years (moving in from an adjoining state) & have no knowledge of the body shops in the area. If anyone can recommend someone or let me know who has a reputation for good work I would appreciate it. I`m worried about the door gaps lining up properly - it was hit in the lower front corner (near the rear of the front door) & the upper rear corner sticks out a good 3/8" - &, of course, the metallic paint match.

Thanks - now please excuse while I go be sick to my stomach again...:puke:

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevinch- I get mixed results from Lake County Collision (the bodyshop at the Audi dealership formerly known as Stoddard Imported Cars) up in Willoughby. When they`re good, they`re....well....good enough for me, and that`s saying something. But when they`re *not* so good, it`s do-over or, in some cases, just live with it (the new owner won`t let `em keep redoing until I`m satisfied the way the old owner did).

That color is gonna be a *real* %!&#$ to match just right.

If you decide to go there, the manager`s name is Jeff Stalker. Their best painter is named Mike. The phone number is (440) 951-1440 and the operator will answer with "Audi Willoughby", ask for the body shop.

Be sure to really, *REALLY* keep an eye out for shrinkage/die-back that can expose sanding scratches from the prep work. They can usually sort it out, but not always. But then it doesn`t always happen either...the newer water-based paints are making it more of an issue than it used to be.

As you can tell, I`m leery of recommending them as I`d hate for you to get a so-so job. But they`re still the place I take my vehicles. When somebody t-boned my Tahoe they did a *very* nice job and I`m 100% satisfied. When my wife`s A8 got sideswiped, well....not so much; she finally finally said "oh, just let it go and we`ll live with it" So you pay your money and you take your chances :nixweiss

IF you take it somewhere else, and they do a great job, please post about it so I`ll have somebody else to consider. My "good" painter won`t work on normal/modern vehicles..."life`s too short to work on that stuff..". Too bad, the work he did on my Jag was utterly flawless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Accumulator, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I`ve consulted with a guy I work with that used to live in Hudson; he since has moved to another state but still works for the company. He "highly* recommended a shop in Akron, based on work they have done for him & reputation within his circle of friends & acquaintances. He`s very particular about his vehicles & how they are maintained, says this place is a "go to" for many of the local enthusiasts.

I have an appointment there for an estimate tomorrow afternoon. The woman that hit our car contacted her insurance company; we contacted them also & they already had assigned a claim number to the incident. It appears at this point they are accepting 100% responsibility. This shop is not one of "their" shops (where I can go, get an estimate & they`ll accept it) - but the shop is going to contact the insurance adjuster, try to have them there when I bring the car in so they can do the estimate together, & try to have a rental for me there too.

I`ll definitely post it up as a recommended shop if they do a bang up job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevinch- If you don`t mind my asking, what`s the name of the shop in Akron?

Post Thanks / Like
    The name of the shop is Quality Body Shop, on W Bowery.

Post Thanks / Like

Late entry to relatively old post . . .

`

I`ve use Quality Body Shop for both my Audi A4 and Porsche 993.` Very satisfied with their work on both.`

`

Porsche only needed to have a fender dent popped out from the inside at very little cost.` A more unscrupulous shop would have wanted to do an expensive fill and paint.

Thread Information