Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone,

It`s official! I will be hosting the detailing day on May 9th at my house in Evansville, IN. And, it is an honor to have it sponsored by Meguiar`s!

Jason Rose of Meguiar`s has graciously donated his time to be at the event. He is well known in the detailing community and recently received the MTE Detail Person of the Year award!

This event is geared toward advanced detailing enthusiasts who have experience using a dual action polisher and would like to try some more advanced tools. Thanks to the excellent sponsorship from Meguiar`s, we will have all of their new Professional Line compounds, polishes, and pads available to use. In addition, there will be G110`s, rotaries, and Mirka abrasives.

We will start out the day by doing some testing on two black hoods. This will be an opportunity for you to try out some new technology. Lunch will be pulled pork, ribs, and chicken from Bar-B-Q Shack. After lunch, we will have at least two black cars to work on. One is going to be an Indiana State Police Crown Vic and Jason`s rental car. I am on the lookout for that third car.

I will have donuts and coffee at my house. We will start at 9 A.M. If you must arrive late, please let me know.

To recap...

When? May 9th

Where? Meet at Chris` house - I will give you the directions in my PM response.

What time? 9 A.M. - ? P.M.

What is the cost? I will ask for $6 to cover lunch.

*This event is limited to 20 people*

Each attendee will receive a Meguiar`s gift bag and a copy of Kevin`s DA paper. There will be three door prizes: one gallon of the original M105, a yellow tin M26, and a two bottles of Hot Shine Tire Gel.

Because of the nature of the event, I really don`t know when it will end. There are a number of places around town for dinner, though.

I ask that some of you bring drinks, sides and deserts. If you can bring something, please mention it when you send your sign-up request.

Please send me a PM and I will get you signed up.

I look forward to hosting this event!

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Guessing this will be in Indiana then? I might be able to get down there if I move a couple things around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for pointing that out... I made the adjustment.

Yes, I`m located in Evansville, which is really in the southern part of the state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummer that it`s a bit far for me...sounds like a great time though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have family in Indianapolis so I could make a weekend out of it. What is expected of people that attend? Do I need to bring my own D/A? or will the guys be providing everything? Is there a hands on session so we can test new products/processes for ourselves? I`ve commited myself to no less than 2 training and "skill updates" sessions this year. Still trying to figure out which ones will work out best and this one has my interest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, I may be able to swing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Do I need to bring my own D/A? or will the guys be providing everything? Is there a hands on session so we can test new products/processes for ourselves?

All of the tools will be covered. I have a 7336, Makita 9227CX3, Fein rotary, and a 3" Mirka Bulldog sander. Meguiar`s will be providing a G110 and a Dynabrade rotary. Another member is bringing his G110, Flex rotary, and Flex DA.

Yes, this is going to be a very hands-on event. Everyone will have a chance to try their hand at rotary, DA polishing, and DA sanding. After lunch, we will have a few cars to work on.

At this point, I have five confirmed attendees, so you will definately have a chance to try out everything.

Thread Information