Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I live in Aurora (IL), about 40 mins west of Chicago. Does anyone know of a detail supply shop (not an auto parts store or Wal Mart) anywhere in the west or NW suburbs?

I normally order online but would like to stop by an actual store if possible.

Thanks!

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in chicago but I go out to west chicago sometimes becuase thats where my dads business is based. I know that there are some detail places down North Ave. but I am not aware of any detail shops that sell just supplies. I think online is the best place.
    Still learnin`

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Red, online seems to be the best bet so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick online is definitely the way to go. If you can find a Finish Master near you, like I did, they sell all Meg`s products at prices comparable to online stores... consider shipping and it`s cheaper usually. Other than that I really don`t know any local stores that stock quality products and supplies
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lecchilo - I`m interested in this as well. I`m in Skokie, and if you`re talking about Finish Master: Automotive and Industrial Paint, I found one on Elston a couple blocks west of Cicero. Is this the company you`re talking about?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really see no reason why people should buy locally. Internet shopping is like a new thing. Buying something locally requires you to travel and pay a tax. Buying something online requires you to sit at home and pay a shipping price which usually is less than the tax.

Local stores will have higher prices becuase there is less competition. Because online stores are accessible globally, they compete in a global market, therefore they have lower prices.

I could only see people shopping locally becuase they want the item the same day.

Cliff notes: Internet shopping is the way to go.
    Still learnin`

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by itskrees
    Lecchilo - I`m interested in this as well. I`m in Skokie, and if you`re talking about Finish Master: Automotive and Industrial Paint, I found one on Elston a couple blocks west of Cicero. Is this the company you`re talking about?

That`s the one... they can order anything for you over night usually if they don`t have it in stock. It`s on Elston just North of Foster.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nicksna,

I`m out of Geneva & Wheaton and I would also have to say ordering online is your best bet. I`ve searched all around for some products, although Downers Grove & Schaumberg supposedly have a boutique shop that i have to look into, and I havn`t found much. I think the only products I`ve picked up locally was a tub of S100 in the early days and some MF towels from target for the interior.

Hope this helps,
    - Garrett

Post Thanks / Like
    check motorcycle dealerships they usually carry S100 products. i am also out of aurora but girlfriend lives in elk gorve village so i cover alot of area. there is a finish masters in wheaton(517 s. carlton 708 668 4617) carol stream (296 carlton 630 554 1319) arlington heights (1518 e algonquin 708 290 0030) fox valley auto paint is in aurora on hankes 630 897 9700. if i remember the store on hankes is mainly meguiars and 3M.

and where in schaumberg is the boutique shop that was mentioned?

Thread Information