Post Thanks / Like
    Found this on CL today:

4000 sq ft - East Dayton - High Traffic Count

4000 sq. ft. for $2500 per month on high traffic street and has TWO lifts!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, pretty nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately you`d have to rely on a high volume (low cost) business to pay for that.

Dayton is a very depressed area, and is getting worse by the day. They`re getting hit hard by manufacturing layoffs/closings associated with the auto industry. There`s not much "high-end" anything in the Dayton area...

I do a lot of business in the Dayton area (not detailing), and I know the market very well. So with my knowledge of their market, plus what I know about the detailing industry, I wouldn`t recommend an investment like this.

Granted...it IS a nice facility for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd,

Thanks for the real life expectations of the area. I lived there for one year in `06 and was saddened to see some of what you are talking about. They have a beautiful Dragons baseball field and a few museums. Oakwood is very nice and even that car wash looks disgusting..I called and tried to contact the owner about selling, but did not receive a call back.

I think the right combination exterior service around Oakwood could support a business as the cost of living is so much lower than where I am, but in this economy, regulars might stay in the garage so to speak.

I`ll be there before summer ends this year and look around. Hopefully, in 3-5 yrs. things pick up whether it be auto related industries or alternate energy source energy companies.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Rob,

No problem at all. Let me know if there`s anything I can do to help when you travel out this way.

I`m sure that area will bounce back eventually like the rest of the manufacturing-dependent areas of the Midwest. I have a vested interested in that area myself, and want nothing more for it to recover quickly.

Thread Information