Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a used 2008 Infiniti G37s. There are some very minor swirl marks that I`d love to get rid of and put a nice coat of wax on it before I put it in storage for the winter. Is there anyone in the area that could do a nice professional clay, polish, sealant for me? Anyone willing to make this thing look brand new again? :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Go figure, just this morning some jacka$$ in a big white panel van parked next to me and slammed his passenger door into my driver door. Anyway, it looked worse than it really is, but now there`s a 1" scratch that needs to be buffed out. I guess add this to the original request!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is West Chester too much of a drive??

Sorry to hear about the door! How bad is the scratch?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are not too many around this area. The closest ones I know of are in Columbus and Cincinnatti. (I am halfway between those two cities.) There is a guy in Beavercreek but he works for a dealership and can not do anything outside the dealership.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`l be in Dayton off and on (probably do my winter-prep detail there). I`m not a pro though so I can`t do any better than you... sorry.

I would like to see your G37 though! lol.

Here`s what I normally do for winter:

1. Wash using meguiars gold class car wash.

2. Clay using either mothers or meguiars claybar. I`ll probably use some mild meguiars clay

3. Spot-polish by hand any areas that need it using M105.

4. Wax. This is where I`m pretty lost right now. I want to find a really really long lasting sealant. I think I`m going to try either zaino or Klasse AIO (but can`t decide on which!). Hopefully that`ll get me through the winter.

All of the above is stuff you can do yourself! I don`t plan on using a rotory or anything, just some good paint prep and a good sealant :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Columbus, if that is too far of a drive; I can possibly do it at my buddies house which is located just West of West Jefferson in London.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just took my G37 in for my first scheduled maintenance, and found out the local dealership offers complete detailing service. They`ll do the entire car for $300 ($150 inside/$150 outside), and said it takes they`re detail guy two days to do an entire car. That price includes wash, clay bar, polish, and wax.

Anyone ever used a "dealership" detailer before? I`m skeptical, but at the same time it sounds like they do a good job with it. It is worth giving it a try? If the car ends up looking less than "showroom quality," that`s still better than what it is now. I just don`t want them to cut corners and have it eventually do more harm than good. Any advice would help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewOSU
    I just took my G37 in for my first scheduled maintenance, and found out the local dealership offers complete detailing service. They`ll do the entire car for $300 ($150 inside/$150 outside), and said it takes they`re detail guy two days to do an entire car. That price includes wash, clay bar, polish, and wax.

Anyone ever used a "dealership" detailer before? I`m skeptical, but at the same time it sounds like they do a good job with it. It is worth giving it a try? If the car ends up looking less than "showroom quality," that`s still better than what it is now. I just don`t want them to cut corners and have it eventually do more harm than good. Any advice would help!

I suggest you search the CLICK & BRAGS and look over some of the "dealer" details. 99.9% of them came out worse than they went in. Search until your little heart is content.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ask them for proof of what they can do. Then really inspect it. Ask to see what type of products they are using and what type of polishing methods they use. It`s really not hard to spot a hack shop from a reputiable one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you use the dealership? 2 days to do the car is just marketing..we have a car wash that says, "The Great $100 detail," and they need the car for 8 hrs. Sorry, no one makes money working for 8 hrs. and making $100! It`s a new car...probably does not need any claying done- polishing very light for the swirls that were put there most likely by the dealership. $300 for a new car? How bad is the interior of a new car? Leather treat, fabric protector and you are done! It`s garaged...you don`t need anything else like dressings and so forth.

Exterior- polish and protect. Use a quick detailer once a week while it`s in the garage..no need to wash with mitts and water. Good towels and detailer sprays will do better and create less friction anyway.

MAN, what I would give to live in Dayton with RE prices what they are. You have Oakwood filled with people who wil pay for these services.

Any business majors looking to do detailing full time in Dayton?

I have the business model, but not my wife`s approval to move there!! She likes the beach!

Rob Regan

Detailing Teacher

Santa Barbara, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot I posted this thread!! Anyway, I got scared off by the dealership when they treated me poorly regarding some other things.

So far, the only things I have found are a few body shops that claim they`ll be able to do it, but I`m skeptical. I`m still looking around for something...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    MAN, what I would give to live in Dayton with RE prices what they are. You have Oakwood filled with people who wil pay for these services.

Any business majors looking to do detailing full time in Dayton?

RE might be ripe for the picking right now, but jobs are sure hard to come by!! I had a really reputable body shop / auto restoration company paint some aftermarket accessories for me, and they were practically begging me to come back with more work for them. Unfortunately, I walked through their detail bays and didn`t like the products/methods they were using.

For a depressed economy, there`s a surprisingly large group of car fanatics in Dayton who are willing to spend top-dollar on their cars. It`s surprising that there`s not at least one or two Dayton detailers on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are still looking around Oakwood and might invest in an apt. complex. I was checking out a 4000 sq. ft. shop in downtown last month. Was in very good condition with 2 lifts.

There are about 2-3 car washes for sale there right now which tells me something.

There is still Oakwood and surrounding areas with money.

I hope to someday get something going. My towel company could buy a lot of storage space there!!!

Thanks, Rob

If you get to Dublin-Columbus area, I do know a fully trained and certified detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I suggested in your other thread asking for a detailer, Todd at Esoteric: Esoteric Auto Detail in Columbus Ohio
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in Springfield, was just in Dayton to pick up my new baby (the Lexus)

`03 Lexus IS300 - MSM

`01 Honda S2000 - Silverstone Metallic (Sold!) :aww:

`97 Acura Integra GS-R - New Forumla Red (Sold!) :aww:

Thread Information