Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Any recommendations?

Hopefully Ventureshield product, full custom install on full hood, full fenders, bumper, and misc pieces elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a customer that does it himself. The last 2 cars he`s done I`ve helped him with. As for a place that will install it, I can get you a phone number if you`d like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, please.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are willing to drive to Columbus, I can recommend a really A+ shop. I work in the window tint and paint protection industry as a distributor and there is a great shop in Columbus that I could recommend without hesitation. I know it is a 2.5 hour trip, but with this product, the installation is everything. It would be well worth the trip to have it done right. The shop that I am referring to is Automotive Appearance Pros. The owners name is Dave and their number is 614-206-3352. Tell him Pat from Performance Films sent you his way if you decide to make the trip. Just make sure that you go with someone experienced whether it is Dave or someone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

You`re right that the shop is key, although I`d really rather not drive the car that far before install (it`s a new car being delivered in Cleveland).

Thanks, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheAir
    Thanks for the info.

You`re right that the shop is key, although I`d really rather not drive the car that far before install (it`s a new car being delivered in Cleveland).

Thanks, though.

There are some option that you can do to protect the car during that initial drive. you might want to contact Dave, because I do not know anyone in the Cleveland area that I would recommend. You are getting a brand new 997, and you want it done right. As a Porsche fan myself and previous 996 owner, please make sure the installer you choose is qualified and that they use a pre-cut kit from a reputable software company. You do not want anyone doing a bulk film installation on your new car and cutting the kit by hand. They would likely cut your paint and cause multiple problems down the road. I am not trying to scare you and it really does not matter to me what you choose, I am just trying to steer you away from a road that I unfortunately have seen too many people travel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely appreciate the advice. Thanks.

No problem. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, there are various pieces that you might want to consider from your first e-mail. You should think about the A-pillars, door thresholds, door edges, mirrors and headlights and foglights. Also, despite popular advice, DO NOT use Plexus to wipe down the material after install. We sell Plexus and have for many years, but recent test by our chemical engineers have concluded that Plexus could be contributing to some clear bras taking on a yellow cast after install. There are yellow dyes in the plexus that impregnate the material after continual use. Again, good luck. If done properly you will love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any recommendations?

Hopefully Ventureshield product, full custom install on full hood, full fenders, bumper, and misc pieces elsewhere.

I would suggest Home Page North Shore Tint ... if you are getting your car from Porsche of North Olmstead, you are set as they work together already.

Northshore(NS) Tint does PPF work ... they work on tons of high-end rides, even higher end than your Porsche 997.

I know off hand that he has done a Ferrari F430, a SLR McLaren, Bentley GT, a few MB SL`s, a few Corvettes, even an 08 Porsche Turbo ... so he is probably your guy to go to in Cleveland.

If you are dealing with Fred Baker or Classic Porsche ... still go with Northshore, unless they use Block-A-Chip which is another quality shop, but not as high end as NorthShore since NorthShores clients are higher end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to know. Thanks.

They are the ones currently slated to install the bra, but I also wanted a fall back position. That said, it is VERY nice to hear a recommendation for them. It adds some comfort.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJFransko
    Also, there are various pieces that you might want to consider from your first e-mail. You should think about the A-pillars, door thresholds, door edges, mirrors and headlights and foglights. Also, despite popular advice, DO NOT use Plexus to wipe down the material after install. We sell Plexus and have for many years, but recent test by our chemical engineers have concluded that Plexus could be contributing to some clear bras taking on a yellow cast after install. There are yellow dyes in the plexus that impregnate the material after continual use. Again, good luck. If done properly you will love it.
    I have a 3M clear bra and was told by 3M to use Plexus to clean and maintain the clear bra:nervous2: .What product are they recommending to clean the clear bra?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to know. Thanks.

They are the ones currently slated to install the bra, but I also wanted a fall back position. That said, it is VERY nice to hear a recommendation for them. It adds some comfort.

Thanks again.

Yeah ... in Cleveland they are the best ... they deal a lot with the "Money is no object" crowd in Cleveland so they have to maintain the highest standards ...

I am having them do my car soon also, probably April/May once it comes in, they did my dad`s Corvette and it came out perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJFransko
    There are some option that you can do to protect the car during that initial drive. you might want to contact Dave, because I do not know anyone in the Cleveland area that I would recommend. You are getting a brand new 997, and you want it done right. As a Porsche fan myself and previous 996 owner, please make sure the installer you choose is qualified and that they use a pre-cut kit from a reputable software company. You do not want anyone doing a bulk film installation on your new car and cutting the kit by hand. They would likely cut your paint and cause multiple problems down the road. I am not trying to scare you and it really does not matter to me what you choose, I am just trying to steer you away from a road that I unfortunately have seen too many people travel.

It`s nice to hear you think so little of me Pat, you wouldn`t recommend any one from Cleveland? Business is business, right? :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSTint
    It`s nice to hear you think so little of me Pat, you wouldn`t recommend any one from Cleveland? Business is business, right? :grinno:
    Marco, are you able to do a custom bumper install (i.e. all edges folded around the corners so you don`t see the bra edge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information