Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheAir
    Marco, are you able to do a custom bumper install (i.e. all edges folded around the corners so you don`t see the bra edge?

Yes, if you want the edges folded over thats called a wrap and can be done with a kit or custom. A custom install usually is done bulk off the roll and cut on the car. BTW I have never cut into anyone`s paint and I trim 99% of the cars I do besides I`m insured just in case :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AAP
    Yeah ... in Cleveland they are the best ... they deal a lot with the "Money is no object" crowd in Cleveland so they have to maintain the highest standards ...

I am having them do my car soon also, probably April/May once it comes in, they did my dad`s Corvette and it came out perfect.

Thanks for the kind words , do I know you? Which Corvette was your dad`s?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not realize you were doing so much ppf now. I know that you are great with regard to window tint, but I did not realize that you had such a strong ppf business. I found this out from Mike after my post and had not had a chance to correct this here. You know that I have always believed that you do excellent work and by no means did I mean to leave you out. Please accept my appologies and now I know whrere to send people up in Cleveland.:up Sorry again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suki22
    I have a 3M clear bra and was told by 3M to use Plexus to clean and maintain the clear bra:nervous2: .What product are they recommending to clean the clear bra?

The current recommendation is to use a white or clear color wax. You want to protect the material without adding any color to the material. I do not want to frighten anyone, but when our chemical engineer tells me to stop reccomending Plexus for ppf, I listen. This guy knows what he is doing and knows ppf well. Just passing along what we currently know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PJFransko
    I did not realize you were doing so much ppf now. I know that you are great with regard to window tint, but I did not realize that you had such a strong ppf business. I found this out from Mike after my post and had not had a chance to correct this here. You know that I have always believed that you do excellent work and by no means did I mean to leave you out. Please accept my appologies and now I know whrere to send people up in Cleveland.:up Sorry again.

I had no idea you didn`t know, now I feel like a jerk. I`m sorry I should have known better. With so many new companies popping up I`m having a hard time keeping up with who is on who`s side anymore. It was never like this before so I got upset when I seen that and thought it was because I still use VS. I am going to go back and edit my other post and this one after you see it to smiley faces or something:laugh:

Post Thanks / Like
    The current recommendation is to use a white or clear color wax. You want to protect the material without adding any color to the material. I do not want to frighten anyone, but when our chemical engineer tells me to stop reccomending Plexus for ppf, I listen. This guy knows what he is doing and knows ppf well. Just passing along what we currently know.
    I have given a can of Plexus out with all my dealers that I do ppf for :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSTint
    I have given a can of Plexus out with all my dealers that I do ppf for :nervous2:

I do not want to imply that you will definitely have issues if you do this. Many people have been doing exactly this for many years. We have just found that the yellowing that we have all been battling for years could have something to do with Plexus. My reccomendation would be to stop using it until we have more info. I hate telling you this as I sell Plexus, but in good conscience I have to tell you what I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not want to imply that you will definitely have issues if you do this. Many people have been doing exactly this for many years. We have just found that the yellowing that we have all been battling for years could have something to do with Plexus. My reccomendation would be to stop using it until we have more info. I hate telling you this as I sell Plexus, but in good conscience I have to tell you what I know.
    PJ, is this related specifically to one film type? I was under the impression that most, if not all, of the yellowing has been eliminated in the new products -- especially 3M and VS.

Are you guys still seeing yellowing on newer installs? (i.e. 2 years old+)

Also, I say my first VS install yesterday and was surprised by the muted effect it had on shine. The install was 2 years old and it was quite noticeable. Realizing that VS does not have a clear coat/top coat, is there something that can be done to maintain a better shine on the VS itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    PJ, is this related specifically to one film type? I was under the impression that most, if not all, of the yellowing has been eliminated in the new products -- especially 3M and VS.

Are you guys still seeing yellowing on newer installs? (i.e. 2 years old+)

Also, I say my first VS install yesterday and was surprised by the muted effect it had on shine. The install was 2 years old and it was quite noticeable. Realizing that VS does not have a clear coat/top coat, is there something that can be done to maintain a better shine on the VS itself?

The products themselves have eliminated the yellow cast that was apparent on products 3+ years ago. The yellowing that I am referring to is caused after installation by using a yellow dyes petroleum based cleaner. This could potentially impregnate the urethane and cause ab yellow cast.

FYI. VS has a new Ultrashield product that I am sure that Marco is using. The Ultrashield is a double extruded process that combines a harder and softer urethane structure. The result is a top coat like product that is still user friendly on the installation side. This product also has superior shine and clarity over the VS from 2 years ago. As I mentioned in the previous post, the best way to maintain this after installation is with a good white or clear wax. Try not to use anything with color or dyes in the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure if it`s exactly best practices, but I got my 3m clear bra installed by invinca-shield who makes laser cut kits for most vehicles, and have been polishing it along with the paint with good results. I have had no yellowing, using plexus off and on but not too regularly (the truck is parked outside 24/7). I did find it to swirl just like paint, and notice a big improvement in clarity/reduction in swirls using a fine polish and pc (staying away from edges as much as possible..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman
    I`m not sure if it`s exactly best practices, but I got my 3m clear bra installed by invinca-shield who makes laser cut kits for most vehicles, and have been polishing it along with the paint with good results. I have had no yellowing, using plexus off and on but not too regularly (the truck is parked outside 24/7). I did find it to swirl just like paint, and notice a big improvement in clarity/reduction in swirls using a fine polish and pc (staying away from edges as much as possible..

Laser cut, thats what they told you :spit: It`s pattern cut on a plotter with a blade. A laser system would not only be beyond expensive for ppf but it would melt the film edges if it was really cut with a laser. 3M is different than VentureShield, VS does not get swirl marks but it is a good idea to stay away from the edges so you don`t get build up, not that its a bad thing some people just don`t like to take the time to clean the edges. Just wax it and take care of it just like your paint and you`ll be ok:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I always wondered how you do that. How do you cut it off of the car???

Post Thanks / Like
    Any recommendations?

Hopefully Ventureshield product, full custom install on full hood, full fenders, bumper, and misc pieces elsewhere.

We install Venture Shield and are factory certified. Tint Pros car Window tinting by tint pros and tint installation training video on how to tint a car and do it yourself window tinting Cleveland Area

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information