Post Thanks / Like
    This was posted over on SilveradoSS.com and there are a lot of guys in the Chicago area looking for a good detailer... anyone interested in taking on some Silvy SS`s??

ok this was all done by hand because i dont have a PC.

i bought a zaino kit, based on the reviews ive read here.. it was a toss up between zaino and der shiney stuff. I chose zaino.

i clayed the front half of the truck, washed it and applied Zaino Z2 with ZFX.

i let it sit for an hour, and removed it.

applied z6, removed

z2, z6, z2, z6

at the end, the paint was smooth, and in the garage, without the powerful lights, it looked fantastic, in the bright light, i could still see swirl marks.

today, i washed the truck, didnt clay the tailgate, and applied Z5 with a hand buffer.. the cheap kind. i then removed it. i did this a few times, and while it appears a bit shinier, and felt smoother, looking at the sun`s reflection, i dont see any reduction in spiderwebs or swirls.

Now, im sure im going to hear i need to get a PC, and use this wax, or that polish etc. i welcome them, cuz im at a loss, and yes im an extreme amateur with this level of detailing. Right now my tailgate and bed sides look like that avalanche that dylan did a few weeks ago.

i next tried 3M fine polishing compound on the tailgate... same effect.. swirls spiders, just a bit shinier.

now i cant afford to drive to CA to see Dylan, but Id like to see if anyone in IL is experienced with detailing the paint and (for lack of a better term) repairing the swirls, etc.. i will pay for such a service, but if i just choose any shop, how do i know they`re reputable?

anyone in , or around IL wanna help a brutha out? Dylan? wanna fly to chicago ? LOL... anyone have a PC they want to part with cheap?

pics will be coming soon, i have to wait for sunlight cuz i dont have a reg camera, i have to use my phone camera.

I`ve seen pics of this truck... not in horrible shape, pretty average level of spiderwebs and a little hard water etching. Figured I`d throw a fellow autopian a bone rather than letting this guy find a detailer in the yellow pages. :waxing:
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Dylan, thanks for the posting..

all, its me he`s talking about. yes, im in desperate need of a great detailer in the chicago land area. my arrival blue silvearado SS suffers from swirls, spiderwebs, etc.

contact me via the forum, or email me ross.mh@sbcglobal.net

Post Thanks / Like

all, its me he`s talking about. yes, im in desperate need of a great detailer in the chicago land area. my arrival blue silvearado SS suffers from swirls, spiderwebs, etc.

im also hoping the detailer that helps the finsih also wants to tackle the interior. my carpets a bit messy, and i dont have the pro tolls to extracts some of the stains.. nothing horrible, just your usual daily driver type stuff.. and no coffee stains

Post Thanks / Like
    Email sent
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bonj87

im also hoping the detailer that helps the finsih also wants to tackle the interior. my carpets a bit messy, and i dont have the pro tolls to extracts some of the stains.. nothing horrible, just your usual daily driver type stuff.. and no coffee stains

No problem man... just lookin` out for a fellow SSer :wavey
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Thread Information