Post Thanks / Like
    Honda`s invited me down to Mid Ohio this weekend for the ALMS/Indy/Speed World Challenge races and when I`m down there I`d like to take advantage of the stronger than normal Canadian dollar. I`m looking for places that sell products over the counter.

Primarily what I`m looking for:

-A good selection of applicators (I can`t find decent microfibers where I live).

-Duragloss & Zaino

-Foam Gun, anyone know any local supply shops that carry them?

The trips a bit short notice (as I was invited yesterday) and I don`t have time to mail order things.

I"d appreciate any advice as I`m not familiar with the US retailers in the area and don`t want to spend time away from the track searching with no result.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
    -07 Impreza SE Sport Wagon

-71 MGB GT

Post Thanks / Like
    No one from this area? Even someone that`s familiar with US retail chains that carry a good selection of things I mentioned would help, most of your chains we don`t have north of the border.

-71 MGB GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that Advance autoparts carries duragloss. There is one of those in new lexington and a ton of of them in columbus. But Zaino is usually mail order, at least I haven`t found anyone here that sells it retail. Try Odd Lots for Turtle Wax Platinum products at a discount. I have good luck with those. You can find good MF`s at Target, walmart, costco, and Kmart. Target sells microfiber applicators that come with their own handle for around $3. There is a auto parts store in Powell that sells a lot of 1Z and other boutique brands, I think it is called auto assets on powell rd. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puttjay
    I know that Advance autoparts carries duragloss. There is one of those in new lexington and a ton of of them in columbus. But Zaino is usually mail order, at least I haven`t found anyone here that sells it retail. Try Odd Lots for Turtle Wax Platinum products at a discount. I have good luck with those. You can find good MF`s at Target, walmart, costco, and Kmart. Target sells microfiber applicators that come with their own handle for around $3. There is a auto parts store in Powell that sells a lot of 1Z and other boutique brands, I think it is called auto assets on powell rd. I hope this helps.

That`s a huge help, not knowing the retailers on a recent trip to Chicago I kept walking into clothing stores etc trying to find a company like walmart/costco (which we do have up here though they don`t carry much) that had detailing supplies. I`ll have to look up advance autoparts and find one local to where I`m going to be.. I`ll print your post and take it with me too. Thank you.

-71 MGB GT

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone know where to get a decent foam gun otc please add that too.

-71 MGB GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Napa and Carquest I think carry Duragloss. I must be blind, cause everytime I go into Advance Auto Parts; I can never find Duragloss..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Napa and Carquest I think carry Duragloss. I must be blind, cause everytime I go into Advance Auto Parts; I can never find Duragloss..

We do have Napa up here and I called around. None have Duragloss... actually there selection is pretty piss poor especially with applicators/micro fibers.

I guess in a region that`s coated in snow for 6 months of the year and mud another two that detailing isn`t as big a thing.

-71 MGB GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I saw Duragloss @ Pepboys. There are a couple in Cols. I also understand that Jegs has a lot of detailing stuff, but never been over there.

- msc

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help guys, I only got a chance to hit Target, but wow, it had quite a selection of vroom microfibers. I stocked up on the orange and grey... a bunch of applicators and some other stuff. I had one of my friends with his arms full and myself wobbling to the checkout, it was so bad some older woman gave me her cart... lol.

-71 MGB GT

Thread Information