Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone. I`m in the St. Louis area, just picked up a new jet black BMW 335i, parked it in the garage and there it sits. Before I started driving it daily I want to detail it for protection, but before I detail it I need the hardware to do it right. I`d like to know if there are any St. Louis, Missouri folks on this forum and where they go locally to get premium products? I`m planning to use top Meg`s products, and that brand can be gotten anywhere, even Autozone, but for towels, mitts, etc. most of the auto parts stores in my area sell their own brand of microfiber towels, mitts, etc. I can`t find a sheepskin mitt or a bucket with a grit guard in it to save my life.

Not sure I should trust "Autozone" brand microfiber towels. So I`m looking for a local retailer that carries "the good stuff". Maybe I`m being too retentive or selective? Maybe the Autozone or O`Reilly`s brands are okay? I just can`t find a Meg`s microfiber towel, etc.

Any help?

imaginos

Post Thanks / Like
    decent quality MFs can be found at Target...the Vroom brand. i also like the Vroom drying towels (large, yellow).

those should hold you over until you buy high quality ones from somewhere online.

2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    The Target MFs are very good quality. I have some, but most of mine are from the 25 packs at Sams Club for about $11. My recommendation for wax, etc, is the Duragloss line from Carquest. If they don`t have any 105 polish, ask them to order some in for you. The Carquest nearest my house still has an *old* can of 104 on the shelf with a thick layer of dust. 105 just came out last year, and it`s a much better product. The other Duragloss products are tops as well; their wash, Aquawax spray wax, etc.

For wash mitts, I prefer thumbless ones and I usually buy them at Walgreens. For the regular ones with a thumb, the ones from Walmart are very good.

Oh yeah, if you want to spend some bucks on top-tier products they sell some Zymol stuff at the Grand Prix racing place in Earth City.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, folks. I did see the vroom brand last night at Target.

Happy driving....

Thread Information