Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE!!! It looks like since someone beat me to make a reservation on 6/23, other dates aren`t working for people I`ve heard from. I`m afraid this whole idea is on hold for now. Sorry folks.

==============================================

I`m starting a new thread on this because the forum won`t let me update the thread title with the date I`ve decided on. I found a suitable location at Greentree Park in Kirkwood. It`s on the south-western edge of the city very close to Valley Park, on the bank of the Meramac River.

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

We`ll be in the part of the park on the side toward the river. I`m thinking about 8:00 am will be a good start time. I expect it will be pretty warm by then so I don`t want to wait too late, but I`m trying not to kill anyone after their Friday night.

There`s a pavillion with electric (if you have a long, heavy gauge extension cord, bring it) and water (same thing for a long hose).

There`s a $30 charge to reserve the pavillion, so I`d like at least a few other people to commit and send a little money to pitch in on the fee. I`d like to get at least a half-dozen people to commit to this and we could split the fee so it would be just a few bucks each. Even if it was a 3-way split I`d be happy enough. Then if other people want to show up anyway we can ask them to bring snacks or toss a few bucks to one of the people who paid in advance. The thing is, we really should put the money in a little early to assure the reservation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good idea!

I`m game!

VII

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea, I`m in!
    My Stable:

2006 BMW M3 Competition, 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary Convertible, 2007 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in. What do we need to bring?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this a clinic or a show? I will check my calendar!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad B.
    Is this a clinic or a show? I will check my calendar!
    This is just a basic get-together, to share and chat. I`ll bring my Metabo and PC, but I don`t claim to have all that much skill, though I haven`t killed the finish on my car yet. :p

What I need at this point is a show of hands for how many people are willing to kick in a few bucks to make a reservation. I`ll ask people to send it to me via Paypal (or drop by the house, I don`t care), then anyone else joining in later can bring a snack or a 6-pack. I`d like to get a handful of people to commit in the next few days so I know how many ways to divvy up to fee. We`re most likely talking in the range of $5-10 per, depending on participation.

I`m headed to indy for the weekend by this afternoon, so my `net access will be spotty until next week. Time to watch some qualifying runs, plus I get to take my car on a lap of the Brickyard tomorrow morning. :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read great things about Brad`s clinics With that said what is needed to have a "Clinic" versus a "get together" or a demonstration of techniques with the various members of the "Trinity"?

My "Welcome" to St. Louis was some spinless individual keying the side of my baby:angry So I could really use some help with wet sanding. I`ve already filled the scratch, and at a quick glance it not really noticed, but I know it`s there

TIA,

VII

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew! I had a long and exhausting weekend, but it was a great trip.

While it would be great to have this as a clinic, I certainly can`t speak for Brad and I`m not about to try to rope him into running this thing. I`d be thrilled if he choses to show up but it`s up to him whether he even attends, let alone take on the role of teacher.

If I can get at least a few folks in the next week or so to commit to help me pay the reservation fee, I`ll contact the city to put dibs on a spot at the park. If not, this may just die on the vine. Please PM me if you`re willing to contribute $5-10 (I`ll know the exact amount after we see how many take step forward) and I`ll do what I can to make this happen.

Even if we just get together to share what we know I`m sure we can learn from each other, plus it would be great to get to meet some local Autopians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will check my schedule to see if this is possible to attend. Should know in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump! I need at least 1 or 2 more people to pitch in and say they`re willing to contribute a few bucks if this thing`s gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll throw in a ten-spot to make it happen.
    My Stable:

2006 BMW M3 Competition, 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary Convertible, 2007 Mercedes-Benz ML500

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as there is clinic action going on, I`ll make the drive. Cause I need help on half of my hood.

I`ve tried so many different products and haven`t gotten anywhere. I guess there aren`t many professionals in KC cause the guys I`ve spoken with all promise to do the same things I`ve already done. Clay, polish and wax.

Please let me know if this will be a clinic as opposed to a meet, I don`t need a gathering of people to see my hood scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thinl I will be able to make this. Looks like I can get that weekend off.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, one final try to see if anyone else is willing to pitch in at this early point. Right now I have 3 people (myself included) who will pitch in a few bucks to reserve the spot. If anyone else is willing, please PM me by tomorrow morning. Then I`ll send out PMs to everyone with my Paypal address to send me the money and pin down our spot.

GMbound, I can`t promise a clinic, I can`t claim that level of skill to do one myself and I don`t know who`s gonna show up or what kind of skills they have. I will be there with my PC and Metabo and some decent polishes and while I`ve gotten rid of a few good scratches in the past, I certainly don`t claim to perform miracles like I`ve seen some of the folks here accomplish. We`d love to have to show up, but I understand it`s a long drive with no promises at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be happy to pitch in. No prob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information