Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Grand Rapids and the only PBE store we have (that i know of) is Finish Masters. I wish their name held some kind of truth :lol.

They finaly got on my last nerve.

There has to be at least a somewhat decent PBE store somewhere in west michigan. I dont mind an hour drive if thats what it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any Painter`s Supply and Equipment by you?

Anything in particular you where looking for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    Is there any Painter`s Supply and Equipment by you?

Anything in particular you where looking for?

Thats what FinishMasters is. They are horrid to say the least. I got in an arguement with the owner last night. I wanted to pick up a couple rotary backing plates just in case anything happens to my edge system, i wanted a 5" and a 6". He told me no one makes them that small becuase no one makes pads smaller than 8". So i went out to my trunk and brought in all my pads to show him (all purchased from you actually). I showed him 4" pads, 6" edge2K system and your 5" CCS pads. He was blown away with what i showed him. Then he got embarased i think and got all defensive i guess you could say. He argued with me on a few other things also but the pad arguement is what got it all started.

The only reason i need to find a PBE is becuase if im ever in a pinch and need something within a few hours i have an option of some kind. Other wise i only buy my gear from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    If this was in Chicago, I only know of two stores in Blue Island (Erkert Bros) and a store in Downers Grove.

Sorry that you had a crappy experience with that store.

Post Thanks / Like
    I go in there once a month actually. I never talk to the guys that work there until last night when i asked for something simple. Its the kind of person he is i think, one of those know-it-alls-been-in the-buisness for-30+ years blah blah blah. When i showed him my gear it proved him wrong and he got defensive.

If you ever need paint mixed they are actually awsome, they just dont know anything about finishing paint work.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are three shops I`m aware of in the Muskegon area:

Finish Masters, 3610 Airline, is the only one I have personal experience with, and I`m sure that`s not where you want to go. PPG dealer.

Auto Body & Paint Supply, 4990 E Apple, is a Sikkens dealer. Next time I dabble in paint work I`ll pay them a visit since I want to try the Sikkens. 231-788-3200. Not open Saturdays however.

There used to be a Sherwin Williams dealer at 2512 S Getty, called American Auto Color. Don`t know if they`re still there.

Also the NAPA and Auto Value in Whitehall mix paint, but that`s not their main business. The NAPA does have a limited selection of detailing type products on hand, maybe a NAPA in GR can help you out.

Let us know how you make out!
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Check Carquest on 28th or Alpine, I have seen the Meg`s backing plates, but it may be rotary only. AFAIK, there aren`t any PBE stores that I know of that are even decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like i will just keep stocked up from Danase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wyrick Autobody Supply Shop isn`t bad, it is where I get my megs and 3m Products...they also have a bunch of other crap. Located in Holland

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^I will check that out

Post Thanks / Like
    Coupe, I did a search on smartpages.com and found Great Lakes Automotive Paint and Tool Supply. They are just east of 131 off Burton. Here is the address and map.

Yellow Pages Search -- Great Lakes Automotive Paint & Tool Supply -- YellowPages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm
    Coupe, I did a search on smartpages.com and found Great Lakes Automotive Paint and Tool Supply. They are just east of 131 off Burton. Here is the address and map.

Yellow Pages Search -- Great Lakes Automotive Paint & Tool Supply -- YellowPages.com

Thanks!!

Im gonna go there monday for sure!

Thread Information