Post Thanks / Like
    Update: I settled on the morning of Saturday June 23 as a potential date for a detailing meet at Greentree Park, but naive little ol` me called up to make reservations and foud out there`s a $30 reservation fee. If a handful of people want to get together and pitch in, great. If not, I`d rather not be stuck with it all myself, especially if no one shows up.

Please post here if you`re interested and would kick in a few bucks. I am open to the possibility of other locations if anyone has any bright ideas.

---------------------------------

This is a continuation of a discussion that started in the "Missouri anyone?" thread. I`ve been looking for a park that would be suitable for us to meet and do a little detailing. Since I live in Kirkwood, I`ve been focusing on parks there and I think I`ve found one. I didn`t notice a water spigot while I was there, but there is an outlet and we can use ONR to wash. For that matter, I figure most of us would come with fairly clean cars to begin with. After all, how dirty are your gonna let your car get when you know other Autopians are gonna be there.

Anyway, the park I found is Greentree Park, on Marshall Rd right on the edge of Kirkwood near Valley Park. It`s right on the bank of the Meramac River. I spoke to the parks director again this morning and he`s going to have someone go out and check the outlet since it didn`t have power while I was there, but he said it`s probably just a circuit breaker. Once I hear back from him, I`ll go back and test it with my PC and then my rotary to be sure it can handle the load. We`ll need a long extension cord, but it`s doable.

Hopefully this link to a map of the location will work.

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

Post Thanks / Like
    I drove back by Greentree Park today and they do have the electrical outlet working now. I also saw that they do have a water spigot, I just overlooked it last time. We`ll need a decent long extension cord and hose, but I can probably handle that.

I don`t have a date in mind quite yet, sometime in June or July so I can get word out to people in the area. If anyone here is interested, leave word and we`ll work something out. I`ll have to have time to reserve the pavillion where the electricity is so we don`t run into a conflict.

So, who`s in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for update

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be down. Keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erok01
    I`d be down. Keep us updated.
    Will do. There`s always a chance that the pavillion will be empty that morning anyway, but you hate to plan an event like this and have a rude surprise at the last second when everyone shows up. I`d like to get at least a half-dozen people to commit to this and we could split the fee so it would be just a few bucks each. Even if it was a 3-way split I`d be happy enough. Then if other people want to show up anyway we can ask them to bring snacks or toss a few bucks to one of the people who paid in advance. The thing is, we really should put the money in a little early to assure the reservation.

I`m going to start a new thread with the actual date since the forum won`t let me update the thread title.

Thread Information