Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How would you all feel about a weekly or monthly meet? I have only met like three people from these forums and would be nice if we could meet more often. There are a lot of car meets on Friday and Saturday nights but most of them get filled with kids acting like morons. I can not stand being around that stuff. Sort of embarassing. I just figured maybe we could set something up in a Metro Park or something we could just meet and hangout or if you wanted to do it in the evening maybe (when the parks are closed) we could find a parking lot to meet in. I am sure I won`t be able to make it to every single meet but it would be good to hang out with a bunch of car guys without the juvinile-ness. LOL

Oh, and I am in Southeast Michigan by the way.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good

I`ll get back to you on the Detailing Day, not sure if I could commit to something much more than once per month.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wifehatescar
    Sounds good

I`ll get back to you on the Detailing Day, not sure if I could commit to something much more than once per month.
    I used to commit to a weekly meet but it was 30 seconds from my house so it was cool. Even if I only had 15 minutes to spare I would still swing by. LOL

Thanks Steve! For those of you that don`t know, which is everyone except wifehatescar, I am going to try and have a very small detail day this year. Not sure what it will consist of or if it will happen. It might just be a day everyone gets together to detail their rides and b.s. and eat or it might be more. Depending on what I can pull off and if I can get a shop to use or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about you guys come over to South West Michigan

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would definately try to come for something. Definately dont have a show car though, and home is like 4 hours from detroit, but I would probably try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    How about you guys come over to South West Michigan

Best Idea I think

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottabir
    Best Idea I think

haha - or there should be like a mutual meeting ground if we could get a date together..I dont know what is mutual though? lansing?

If all else fails we should figure out something for us southwest members, I would love to have a little get together, maybe share some products and what not

Post Thanks / Like
    haha - or there should be like a mutual meeting ground if we could get a date together..I dont know what is mutual though? lansing?

If all else fails we should figure out something for us southwest members, I would love to have a little get together, maybe share some products and what not
    A great idea would be for all of you to come on out for the xceedspeed.com BBQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be up for a meet or 2. Not sure if Im going to have anything show worthy this year either with the Lightning being apart and possibly selling the M3.... I dont go to those weekend meets much, Im getting to old (33) and look out of place with a bunch of 16-20 year olds. Funny thing is I dont really feel any older than about 21 though, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    I`d be up for a meet or 2. Not sure if Im going to have anything show worthy this year either with the Lightning being apart and possibly selling the M3.... I dont go to those weekend meets much, Im getting to old (33) and look out of place with a bunch of 16-20 year olds. Funny thing is I dont really feel any older than about 21 though, LOL!
    Yeah, don`t worry about not having anything show worthy. I sure don`t have a show car. I know what you mean about feeling out of place, I am 27 and feel old at them too. That is why I would like to try and get one going for us detailing guys this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    xceedspeed.com BBQ - Sounds great...Im going to try and make it out! Bob! You`re only 27, wow! You learn something new everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    The BBQ was a good time although the crowd was younger, good attitudes and some interesting cars made it nice. The food and friendships gained was the really cool part ( I hung out with Bob and wifehatescar lol). It was a hike to get there though.

Post Thanks / Like
    27, huh? Ive got 6 years on you. I dont mind anyone of any age if they are cool and mature. I may still try to make it out would be cool to meet some of you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    27, huh? Ive got 6 years on you. I dont mind anyone of any age if they are cool and mature. I may still try to make it out would be cool to meet some of you guys.
    I`m the same way. I guess when I say kids I don`t mean kids I mean the immature crap that goes on. Half of it is from the older kids anyway. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    xceedspeed.com BBQ - Sounds great...Im going to try and make it out! Bob! You`re only 27, wow! You learn something new everyday.
    Yes, they are always fun! I have only missed one of them in the last 4 years. They do two a year, one at the beggining of the year and one at the end. Here are some pics from a few of them taken by Brad the owner of xceedspeed.com and my ex business partner. http://sph33r.net/photo/index.php?cat=7 The BBQ is scheduled to be May 13th as of right now but it could change.

--------------

And yes, I am only 27. For some reason people think I am near 40 for some reason. LOL

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information