Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    I vote for the end of May - Weather will be nicer and more people will be free to attend
    I was thinking because of the weather too. April AND May weather scares me as far as planning outside events. LOL

Do we need to rent out a pavilion at the park?

Post Thanks / Like
    End of may sounds good to me, and that will give more notice to others as well. Good thinking...How much does a pavillion cost I wonder?
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

78 Monte -01 Monte LSX -04 KB Cobra(SOLD) -10 2SS Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    $125-$150 if I remember correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can bring my detail trailer with generator if we need electricity. Kensington is about 25 minutes away from my house, and an awesome place to relax. Does anybody disc golf? They have a huge course out there that is quite unique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shaun that would be sweet to see your set up in person. Never played disc golf but would be interested in it. I think you live in my area. You live in oakland county area; more so Waterford, Aurbun Hills, Rochester area by any chance?
    BGB Mobile Detailing Service -ASE & I-Car certified Refinishing Technician as of 8/12/08

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be nice if you guys were in Los Angeles CA. Maybe we can get one over here too.

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me what you guys think of this idea:

We all go to the xceedspeed.com BBQ on May 19th. It`s at Lake Erie Metro Park in Gibraltar, MI but it is definitely worth the drive to attend one of these BBQ`s. Here is all of the info:

Where/When?

Date: May 19th

Area: Blue Heron Pavilion (In the Wave pool parking lot)

Start time: 11am

End time: When we all leave or it gets dark

Everyone seemed to love this location last fall and since we`ve outgrown the more secluded areas of Stony Creek, I decided to move the spring bbq here. This parking lot is gigantic, we`ll never run out of room. The pavilion is very large and right next to the parking, the only downside is the bathrooms are a hike. I guess these spots can`t be 100% perfect.

There is a baseball diamond, basketball courts, a tot lot, bike trails and a large field nearby. Basically if you want, come prepared to play. Organize some basketball or a baseball game, bring a frisbee, whatever you want.

What is provided/expected of me?

As with every year, we provide the hamburgers, hot dogs and buns and the huge grill to cook them on. We ask that everyone pitch in a little bit and bring something. Pop, chips, cookies.. whatever. We`ve noticed a decline in participation for the past couple BBQ`s so I`m pleading with people to please remember that without people bringing a 12 pack of pop, there`s nothing to drink.

If you are unable to bring something.. please don`t let that deter you from coming. I`m not out in the parking lot watching people to make sure they bring something and I certainly hope no one else is. The main concern is that you show up and have a good time.

Who is welcome?

EVERYONE! And I do mean everyone. I noticed that year after year, it`s mainly sport compact guys that show up despite the fact that we have a lot of v8 and truck guys lurking about here. I encourage everyone to come out and have fun. Bring the wife and kids.. we try to keep things family friendly. It`s a great day of eating, socializing and some hot cars to stare at as well.

The Raffle

There will be a raffle as usual. Tickets cost $1 and can be bought from our roaming ticket sales people throughout the day or right before the raffle begins. This is our main way of recouping the cost of the BBQ as well as cover some of our costs through the year so we rely on people to participate.

Any businesses interested in providing us with items to raffle are encouraged to PM me. I will plug your business enough times to make people sick of hearing your name

FAQ

Q. Can I bring beer?

A. We usually discourage this type of activity for a few reasons. First and foremost, we`re a gigantic gathering of cars. No one at XceedSpeed condones drinking beer and then driving a car. Secondly, the park rangers are VERY aware of our presence and drive through our gathering constantly throughout the day. The less reason they have to stop, the better.

Q. Can I bring my dog??

A. Of course! We`ve had plenty of people bring dogs of all sizes. Just make sure you have the pooch on a leash and that it`s not going to attack someone`s poodle or something

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be there Bob! Was planning on attending another car show that day, but I believe this event is higher on my priority list! Can`t wait to meet up with all of you!

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to make it, especially if the weather holds out. I`ll be on my bike
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good! I like the idea very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, that way none of us have to plan anything and we can see tons of cars and a bike or two huh Steve?

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good to me! I know some other bike friends I can invite as well.:dance
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    I only hope that I will be caught up by May 19th. This damn weather + 40 hrs per week is KILLING me. Finally scheduled my first Full Detail of the year today.

Post Thanks / Like
    :work: I hear ya Shaun, I`ll be working 55+ hour weeks when May comes around, but I took off on the 19th so it will be a fun day to relax and hang out with others. I hope to have my Metabo by then if someone with experience would be willing to show us a few things?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Carollo
    I only hope that I will be caught up by May 19th. This damn weather + 40 hrs per week is KILLING me. Finally scheduled my first Full Detail of the year today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    :work: I hear ya Shaun, I`ll be working 55+ hour weeks when May comes around, but I took off on the 19th so it will be a fun day to relax and hang out with others. I hope to have my Metabo by then if someone with experience would be willing to show us a few things?

Actually I meant 40 hours per week at the caddy dealership, plus another 30 detailing hours per week. So yeah I`m worn out already; and its only mid-April! But...should time allow for it, I will be there for sure and like I said, I`ll bring the gennie so we can get some work done.

-Shaun

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information