Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, I`m new to the forum and to detailing. I`ve been doing my research though and realize that the learning curve is about one year of doing work for family and friends before even throwing my hat in the ring.

The first of my many questions to come is setting up a modest mobile detailing rig. I think i have a small trailer picked out from northerntool.com but i have no idea as to where i can buy a water tank locally.

Also i would like to know if there are any local equipment/chemical suppliers that you guys use. I have already seen the thread for mattos and would really like to know who you guys use locally or do you guys primarilly use the online retailers (autogeek, detailersdomain etc)?

Lastly, any pointers, advice, direction on how to grow a detailing business the correct way will be greatly appreciated. I know there is a point of concern in the professional detailer`s world about folks doing hack work and bringing down the expectations of the consumers.

Ok last thing i promise, what other kinds of work (pressure washing, carpet cleaning) do you guys do in addition to detailing to take advantage of the equipment and knowledge gained from detailing?

Thanks in advance for the information and advice!

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    bump bump bump....

tony, i have the same question about suppliers, where are they in MD guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    i had this one spot called Showroom Detail that is listed out of Bowie that sales Malco products. they sell what appears to be low-end (but workable with the correct technique) products and extractors as well as janitorial supplies. i sent the guy an e-mail and never received a reply. that is a serious pet peeve of mine so i am pretty much relegated to the online retailers. but please let me know if you find anything and thanks for the reply it seems the guys in here are rather quiet

gl - tony

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a google search and found this. I saw some good products in the frederick store. It`s nice to know that I can now get a bottle of XMT360 without waiting on shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks lex for the info but frederick is about 45 miles from where i am. but i`ll take anything i can get at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it`s about an hour away from me but I`m in WV. The store is called open road motoring. It definitely doesn`t carry everything but does have some good stuff.

Thread Information