Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in.... Lets get it on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rules as follows...

You pay for the flight/hotel for myself and my partner...

You select the car on the spot.

Your guy (of my choice, since you said any) vs. me... 15 minutes to polish the paint on predetermined, but equal sections in size.

After 15 minutes, the car must go through a "battery test" designed by RYDAWG. It will be something like, foamed with Dawn for 15 minutes, washed with 100 percent body shop prep, prep-sol final wipe, and refoamed with Meguiars Super Degreaser. This will ensure that all "fillers" are removed.

Then we will inspect the paint, best finish wins. If finishes are equal (and both parties agree), then the man who removed the least paint wins.

Lets do it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure its planned between late May or before mid August!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm...whats going on in here? Alot of jabbin`.

Well, anyways, I got 20 on it too.

Does anyone else charge $10 per sq foot on a boat/rv???

Mr. Vic :ignore

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I wouldn`t come down to his level.

Best to focus on positive issues if you ask me.

I have a feeling that he measures greatness by being "fast". How else will you go through 300 cars???????????????????

No sorry i do not do 300 cars a week my employees do 30 strong also 5 stores we work as a team and get things done..so tdekany whats up coming to B-More???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail 1
    No sorry i do not do 300 cars a week my employees do 30 strong also 5 stores we work as a team and get things done..so tdekany whats up coming to B-More???

So he can show you what a detailer looks like, you film him and attempt to duplicate? Sounds great but as his acting manager we will need airfare, hotel, and $95.00 per hour worked by tdekany.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys lets keep this friendly why not have an yearly compition see whos best maybe its not my guys ill pay to see it..**** this could be fun stop be so uptight guys lets do this..

Post Thanks / Like
    Detail 1, this isn`t friendly or lack there of this is just business. Technically what you requested would cost you a lot more than $95.00 an hour so I am sorry to misquote you. To train your employees you are looking in the neighborhood of $500.00 a piece. Don`t look at it like a huge bill though, look at it as an investment in your business.

If you are happy with the money you earn now, you will be overwhelmed with the profits brought in by your newly trained men and women, not to mention your employees will have a new self worth. Imagine a shop where every vehicle turned out looks like a TDEKANY click n brag, that`s a shop I would definitely take my car to.

Think about it, how much is a new self worth-worth to you, much more than $500.00. Mull it over and let us know, It is not my intent to bankroll you, merely to come to a business agreement and service your business.

Post Thanks / Like
    So we are up to $300. If I make it an even $1000 will this happen? I think it will make for a good new forum section. We can call it "The Octagon".

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, that will not happen. I am 44 years old, not a kid. This chilish behaviour of yours is pathetic.

I am not in the business of proving my abilities to detail shops.

It however sounds like that you feel that you are the best. - I am happy for you.

I could care less what you think of me or my work. I never challaged you or your guys.

All I wanted to know is what you pay your help.

Sorry that I asked.

PS: I feel for those poor guys that have to work for you.

I can`t see how you provide proper customer service if you treat us this

way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    So we are up to $300. If I make it an even $1000 will this happen? I think it will make for a good new forum section. We can call it "The Octagon".

Yep we could go to a rental car place and get one fo thier hacked up black cars and have two people detail it..

I like that idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, am I correct to assume that no Autopian wants a job at Diamond Detailing?

Patrick - best idea yet. I`ll have to add this to the "rules of battle" for the contest.

I have to agree with Tdekany, This whole thing reminds me of 1989 at "Take Five" in the Bronx. (Anyone remember this joint?) Losers used to wear satin bowling jackets that said, "Angelo`s Albanian Window Tint" and "233rd Window Tinting". They used to base their business on how many other tinting business they could say sucked to their customers. I as the "kid whose father owned the Cadillac store" got to hear it from each of them constantly as an attempt to get some business from me.

Yes, they are all still living in their mothers basements with 600 credit scores.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry tdekany I told you how much i pay my guys 600-1000 week that not to bad for a 40hr work week...but you continued to add comments so im calling you out ill pay for your flight,room and food Oh yea dont forget braggin rights..its not being childish its just good old fun

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry tdekany I told you how much i pay my guys 600-1000 week that not to bad for a 40hr work week...but you continued to add comments so im calling you out ill pay for your flight,room and food Oh yea dont forget braggin rights..its not being childish its just good old fun

That`s like offering the Beatles fifty bucks to play your kids birthday party.

Post Thanks / Like
    he`s no beatles not even close..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information