Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a Black E60 and had it "detailed" by a 16 yo shop with a loyal customer base. I am not satisfied with what I got for $200. I`m not picky but I should not see swirls, spiderwebs and other defects from the previous owner. Can someone recommend a good detailer?

In the near future, I want to have a few aestetic things done:

A door ding removed

Rash from Front Lower Fascia

Scratches removed

Pebble chips on front hood repaired

Clear Bra Applied

Remainder of car sealed/ clayed, whole 9 yards

I heard of a product called Quixx. Is it any good? If so I`d like to have that done to remove my scratches and small chips repaired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the DC metro area? If so, I sent you a PM.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird180

In the near future, I want to have a few aestetic things done:

A door ding removed

Rash from Front Lower Fascia

Scratches removed

Pebble chips on front hood repaired

Clear Bra Applied

Remainder of car sealed/ clayed, whole 9 yards

Were you expecting these defects to be removed with the detail? Sorry to hear the detail shop wasn`t the greatest experience for you, hopefully an Autopian in your area will be able to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad will do an excellent job, but around here paint correction on a black BMW will run you $500 to $600

You got exactly what $200 buys. No paint correction.

Let us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes DC Metro. I didn`t expect all of my problems solved but I didn`t expect to see swirls. I then asked him what`s reasonable for me to expect....I shouldn`t have went there in the 1st place. I wasn`t happy with a friend`s car. I wasted $200. Bad decision on my part.

I`m moving on. NEXT

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed it was a very bad decision on your part. Did you not ask what the shop was going to do for that kind of money?

I can pretty much guarantee you that NO ONE will make your car swirl free for $200. Would you put 10 to 12 hours of work into a car for a couple of hubdred dollars?

Paint correction is the art part of detailing. Not many can do it well. Think about it.

I`m moving on. NEXT

That is not the right attitute to have either. At least not around here.

What we do (Autopian detailers) needs to be respected. We are 1% of the crop.

You sure don`t want your paint burned. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s the problem with message boards; the emotion doesn`t come across correctly.

I said NEXT in the sense that I`m over the loss. The poor decision was mine and I take the responsibility.

I did ask what he was going to do and I didn`t have swirl marks before I took the car to him, now I do. I took a gamble because I didn`t know who to trust. He does a friend`s car (female friend who just pays and her only standard when it comes to her Benz is price) and he`s been in business 16 years.

I would have gladly paid more than $200. That was supposed to be a special deal he worked out for me as a referral customer (my above friend, her pastor...etc)

I`m too lenient sometimes, and this is one situation where I got burned. Lesson learned that I can apply to other areas of my life. I`m not going to cry over the spilled milk, I`ll just pour another glass.

Now I`m ready to learn the art by seeing the results of someone who can demonstrate they know what they`re doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I should be able to help you if anyone else cannot help you and if you can wait till late August, early September...It`ll be a winter package. I`ll pm you with more info. I am not as well paid as some of the others, but I also don`t have many bills to pay.
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    can you post pictures of the finish?????

did you make an appontment with Brad?

Post Thanks / Like
    No appointments as of yet. I`ll see what I can do about the pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I am very detail oriented, it is worth more to me to have someone who can do the job efficiently and in a time effective manner. The previous detailer I had recommended a buff job to deal with some of the imperfections, that they may go unnoticed.

I feel that all I got was a wash and wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate when that happens! One of my customers had the same thing happen to him, and he payed lots of money for the bad job!
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry, but I cannot tell if you`re being sarcastic or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird180
    I`m sorry, but I cannot tell if you`re being sarcastic or not.

No sarcasm...it`s a true story. One of my customers had their vehicle detailed by someone from his garage where he stores his cars, and he wanted the car corrected and perfected, but the car came back without any correction done...scratches remained everywhere despite the $250-plus bill! My customer told me that he thought they just washed the car, instead of detailing it properly via a proper polishing, sealing, waxing, and so forth. So, soon I will be detailing the car that I talk about the way it was supposed to be detailed. If you cannot find anyone else to detail your E60, you know my schedule and I will be glad to help you.
    Not an ordinary teen

Thread Information