Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everybody,

I sent a few of you messages about a car I recently purchased. I bought a used MB CLS55AMG. Love the car..... HATE the color BLACK.... A week or so after I purcase the car I realized that the paint (?clear coat?) was not nearly in as good of shape as it originally appeared. (seems like the original owner loved to clean the thing.)

Anyway, I took my car to a local detailer who really added to my problem.

I came across this thread (see below). I would like to meet or be reffered to a REAL PRO who can give my car the attention it really needs.. I want to have these marks removed once and for all.

Shoot me a PM. (Im located in Baltimore, MD)

Thanks in advance!!

---------

Swirls, caused by a high speed buffer and too aggressive of a pad/product combo are not the same as halo scratches (marring) caused by improper hand washing and drying or the use of an abrasive product by hand.

If you didn`t use a high speed buffer on your paint to begin with then you don`t have buffer swirls. Swirls look like a big 3 dimensional halogram flowing through your paint and they can only really be seen in sunlight.

If you did your work by hand or with an orbital then you have general marring. These can appear as circles within circles, with thousands of scratches.

First, a "glaze" will not remove any scratch (like 3M`s Imperial Hand Glaze or Meguairs #7) it will just temporarily fill or hide it.

Second, don`t ever wax a car then try and layer a polymer sealant over it because it`s a waste as the polymers won`t cross-link and bond to the paint due to the wax layer. You clean the paint, apply the polymer THEN after 24 hours bonding time you wax the car.

Third, Eagle One Nano wax is not a swirl remover. It is a synthetic wax, if I am correct, and it may HIDE them but it won`t remove them.

Fourth, to TEST an area, take some water and some alcohol (50/50 mixture) and wipe it over the area where you "think" you have removed the swirls. The mixture will remove any oils and reveal the paints true condition. You may need to wipe the area twice.

Fifth, swirls in most of todays modern paints do NOT need a wool pad. Most of them respond well with a mild polishing pad, the correct polish and a speed of around 1400 to 1500 rpm`s. After the initial leveling you then reduce the rpm`s and switch to a finishing pad. Swirls, buffer siwlrs, are caused by the operator not properly finishing out the buffing job. They have used too aggressive of a pad and product combo. To remove swirls you want a fine finishing pad, about 98 to 100 ppi and also a fine polishing product. With abrasives in the low microns.

Lastly, in reality you are not removing swirls but rather removing the layer of paint where those swirls are residing. So be careful and if in doubt contact a professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi...Your post seems confusing but I am willing to help get your CLS55 back in shape...a pm will be sent to you in a few minutes...I hope to help you out.
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    I can take a look at it if you want. I can meet you somewhere around the columbia mall area. Is this picture something similar to what you`re experiencing? The left side is pre correction, the right is after. The trailing door edge is uncorrected. I can email a larger picture if you want, that is from a Cayenne turbo btw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pinnacle Detail . com

DC metro, Miami / Palm Beach, Hamptons / Long Island

Thread Information