Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Gina is from Arlington, and lives about 10 min. from me in Fairfax. You will get top notch work from her. Was it $250 for the inside?
    It was a little after 6pm when I got the car back last night (= "almost dark") ... add to that the fact that we had dreadful weather, and you`ll know why I can`t say with a 100% certainty that the work was perfect.

But from what I could see, it certainly looks like Gina and her team did a wonderful job - from the tiny rubber inserts in the door handles to the storage compartment underneath the center armrest and the reversible cargo cover in the trunk - looks like everything got the attention it needed. Carpets and cloth upholstery seemed perfectly clean as well.

My own crap, some of which I had forgotten to take out of the car, was neatly packed inside a Carpool baggie and stored in the trunk. Much to my surprise, they even threw in a courtesy car wash and a tire shine - very nice touch.

And all that for $200 ... <insertbigsmilehere>

I`ll do a "close-up inspection" tomorrow (car`s gone all day today) and if my initial impression is confirmed (which I`m fairly sure it will), then Gina will have won a repeat customer in me ... need to get the outside done before winter comes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by effgee
    And all that for $200 ... <insertbigsmilehere>

Holy crap. Not judging their work or cost factors....but If I could charge that for a full interior clean and and wash I woudl be set!
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Gina believes that detailing services do not have a set value. I believe that is why she goes over the car with the customer to explain the value in the service. Once the value in the service is clearly explained, the price is probably not as much of an issue.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh like I said I know Im not judging their work. Since its an actual shop and has employees, and lot more cost, I understand the charge and its within reason.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 01bluecls
    Holy crap. Not judging their work or cost factors....but If I could charge that for a full interior clean and and wash I woudl be set!
    LOL! Well, I knew going in that the price I`d pay at a shop would be higher than that of a self-employed/mobile detailer, for the very reasons you cited (rent, payroll, etc.). Which is of course not to say that I have a bias either way - as long as the work gets done in a manner that leaves me a happy camper, I could care less whether there`s one guy working on my car in my driveway or a team of three folks in a shop. I simply didn`t know of any "single" guys (no pun intended :p) down here in Richmond so I got "stuck" with checking out the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    Gina believes that detailing services do not have a set value. I believe that is why she goes over the car with the customer to explain the value in the service. Once the value in the service is clearly explained, the price is probably not as much of an issue.
    Agreed. For me it`s not so much about the exact $$$ amount but rather about the "perceived value" and the "price worthiness" of the service I am purchasing. If I get the feeling that I`m being treated well, I`ll happily pay $200. OTH, if I get treated like an idiot (see shop #3 in my first post on this page), even a $25 expense will leave me rather grouchy.

And personally, I`d rather pay $200 to have the job done right than save $50 and be pissed off when I pick up my car (which btw is not meant as a stab at you self-employed folks, I`m self-employed as well - albeit in a different line of work - and know the drill).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 01bluecls

Their shop in Arlington charges $250.00 per side for an avarage car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information