Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How To: Purify Interior w/1Z Klima-Cleaner

After a lifetime of saving, pinching pennies, and living smart, you finally have the cash to purchase a slightly used Ferrari California. It`s not the new 599 GTO that you`ve been dreaming about since you heard the exhaust note on Youtube, but it`s still a Ferrari. So it`s March and you`re taking a road trip from California to Florida to spend the weekend at some detailing event and car show that`s held in Stuart every year. While cruising through Nevada you finally decide to put the windows up and crank on the air conditioning. The cold air feels nice blasting through the vents, but what is that horrendous smell? Air conditioning off, windows down, time to enjoy the purr of the high-revving naturally aspirated V8.

Maybe the heat is getting to you, or you forgot to eat breakfast that morning, because all of a sudden you realize you`re driving a ten year old Honda Accord with 183,000 miles on the odometer. You should probably quit day dreaming, and keep your eyes on the road. Air conditioning? Sure, it works a little bit, but don`t even think about turning it on while merging onto the on ramp. This ain`t no sports car! Luckily you`re earning .6% interest in a savings account, so that slightly used Ferrari is just around the corner.

If your car has a foul odor in the air conditioning system, and you`re not sure how to get rid of it, 1Z has just the product for you. Aptly named Klima-Cleaner, this air conditioning treatment will effectively eliminate foul odors at the source. Don`t get this confused with an air freshener or odor fogger, because it`s not. 1Z Klima-Cleaner is designed to cleanse air conditioning systems by deeply cleaning the evaporator core, the heart of the air conditioning system. At the evaporator core, condensation accumulates over time resulting in a foul odor. 1Z Klima-Cleaner is an effective means of eliminating odors so you can enjoy the blast of cool air from your air conditioner without gagging or feeling sick from the smell.

1Z Klima-Cleaner is so easy to use, anyone can do it. It comes in a 8.5oz (250ml for all you Europeans) aerosol can along with a spray hose that`s long enough to snake its way through your air conditioning vents.

It`s real simple: With the ignition, air conditioner, and fan speeds turned off, adjust the fan position to the direct setting. You do NOT want the fan position set to defrost or the foot setting. Shake can well, and snake the included spray hose into the center air conditioner vent. If you feel it binding or grabbing somewhere, adjust it so it inserts smoothly.

Once that is completed, fully depress the trigger to dispense contents. While you`re pressing down on the trigger, thick foaming solution will work its way to the evaporator core, the heart of the air conditioning system.

After several minutes, the contents of the can will be empty. Waiting no longer than 30 minutes, open the windows of the vehicle, and turn on fan setting to maximum while air conditioner is set to the ON position. Do this for one minute for the system to completely clean out.

Now you can enjoy having the blast of cool air from your air conditioning system without having to deal with any foul odors. Keep driving your beater, put in your time, and before you know it you`ll have that Ferrari California.

1Z Klima-Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Purify Interior w/1Z Klima-Cleaner

Sometimes the problem is the cabin air filter. If that hasn`t been changed it is probably restricting air flow, thus adding to the problem. Yes, they are often a PITA to change, but better to be thorough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwgcmc View Post
    Sometimes the problem is the cabin air filter. If that hasn`t been changed it is probably restricting air flow, thus adding to the problem. Yes, they are often a PITA to change, but better to be thorough.
    Excellent tech tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up. I might give this a try on my mom`s Hyundai. It stinks when the A/C is first turned on

Post Thanks / Like

Really great article from the Stig!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Really great article from the Stig!
    Todd, all I can say is....

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 Been using this for years and it really does work - you must follow the directions to the letter and not try to reinvent the wheel here.
    And changing the in-cabin filter or like in BMW`s the charcoal filters under the hood, you will be blessed with clean, filtered air for a long while.
    Alternatives to this product are dismantling your dash and or console, to get to the evaporator to clean it.
    Might be a good time to make sure that the hose that dumps the moisture the evaporator collects is not plugged and allowing the moisture to drain from the vehicle, usually when the car is shut off.

Love this stuff, sell it to my Indy Bimmer Repair Shop Client and they love it too!

Thanks for bringing this up !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, Nick! Usually the musty odor is caused by a clogged drip tube. Check that the tube is unclogged before using this product or the smell will return. It is nice to see that there is a product to rectify the smell after the proper steps are taken to ensure the systerm is properly draining any condensation!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutopiaTech View Post
    Todd, all I can say is....

Hey, you stole my idea about the stig. Great review nonetheless.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Fun to read! Great write up!
    Mike
    einszett | Kenotek
    Cedar Park, Texas
    888-719-4698
    www.1z-usa.com
    Kenotek.detailersfinest.com
    einszett available at Autopia!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just did the wife`s car, replace the inside filter and replace the soap dish under the seats. Now it smell`s great and the air is fresh inside the car,\ next is my Mazda for some 1Z!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
    Hey, you stole my idea about the stig. Great review nonetheless.
    Yes we did! Shoot me your address and a PM and I`ll send you Blackfire Wet Diamond as a thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Yes we did! Shoot me your address and a PM and I`ll send you Blackfire Wet Diamond as a thank you!
    Thanks man! Been looking forward to trying some of it. Time to compare it to my Menz Powerlock.

Post Thanks / Like

I was having some major mold smell in my 2010 Honda Fit, yeah I know, only one year old and it stunk!

So first I tried BG Frigi Fresh, which you just spray into the intake by the windshield. That worked temporarily. But after a week, the stench was back. So I bought a can of the 1Z Klima Cleaner and went to work! I actually did it a bit differently, I went under the car, and sprayed it up the condensation drain hose. But results were the same, it worked. 4 months later my car is still mold free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shizam1 View Post
    4 months later my car is still mold free.
    No surprise here, every 1z product I`ve ever tried has exceeded expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information