Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question Leisure Lifestyle - High Class Marketing

Anyone ever heard of this magazine? It`s suppose to be distributed to high-end neighborhoods (country club members/homes) on a quarterly basis. I`ve got a guy pushing me hard to advertise. They are based out of Florida, but cater to many U.S. cities

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leisure Lifestyle - High Class Marketing

I don`t get em, and never heard of em..... Neer saw em

So IMHO, wasted advertising since it aint in their hand when they are most apt to be calling at the moment
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I don`t get em, and never heard of em..... Neer saw em

So IMHO, wasted advertising since it aint in their hand when they are most apt to be calling at the moment
    I don`t get the magazine either. Of course I live in the ghetto, so maybe that has something to do with it

Thanks for your input Ronkh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I don`t get the magazine either. Of course I live in the ghetto, so maybe that has something to do with it

Thanks for your input Ronkh!
    Just a little clarification on my comment.

The mag is probably sitting in the lobby of country clubs etc., so it gets a quick once over while the person is waiting, then put back down. So even if they see your ad, they probably forget the name and if it sparked a "need" in them, they`ll probably just head over to the carwash detail place on main st.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a sample of the cities they cater to

high class marketing, leisure lifestyle

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little clarification on my comment.

The mag is probably sitting in the lobby of country clubs etc., so it gets a quick once over while the person is waiting, then put back down. So even if they see your ad, they probably forget the name and if it sparked a "need" in them, they`ll probably just head over to the carwash detail place on main st.
    Gotcha! That was one of my questions. The guy says they are mailed directly to peoples homes

I`m not so much concerned if this is effective advertising as I am if this is just a scam altogether. I found this doing a Google search that caused me concern

High Class Marketing - Boca Raton FL 33431 | 561-465-2698

Post Thanks / Like

Just mad 2 calls
    one to naples fl, one to Fairfax va (used to live there)

Neither one of my friends have seen/heard of it

Post Thanks / Like

Just mad 2 calls
    one to naples fl, one to Fairfax va (used to live there)

Neither one of my friends have seen/heard of it
    BBB seems to have heard of them

High Class Marketing Business Review in Boca Raton, FL - South East Florida BBB

I`m as confused as a blind dog in a meat factory

Post Thanks / Like

Might want to press them a bit on their distribution numbers and see what it`s going to cost you per potential view. Direct mailers whether it be a magazine or a flyer spend very little time in the recipients hands before it hits the trash. Subscription based marketing is in an entirely different league.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Might want to press them a bit on their distribution numbers and see what it`s going to cost you per potential view. Direct mailers whether it be a magazine or a flyer spend very little time in the recipients hands before it hits the trash. Subscription based marketing is in an entirely different league.
    Already have. They claim 2,000 mags are sent each quarter (seems like a small # for the area they claim to cover) - 1/2 page ad 4 times a year cost $800 TOTAL (FULL payment is due before any work is done). They do the art work/layout too. Plus they said they would give me a lower half right hand page

Typically I throw mailings like these straight in the recycle bin. However, not everyone is like me. All it would take is 1 GOOD customer to make it pay off

I like playing with stuff like this. It`s my form of gambling. I just don`t like getting burned

Post Thanks / Like

I will be expecting another HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCH first thing in the a.m.

I`m going to request a few of the past issues (hard copies) be sent next day air (I will pay the shipping) before proceeding further. If they can`t wait another 48 hrs it wasn`t meant to be

The thing that puzzles me is the BBB report. They appear pretty clean with an A- record ?

I wish I didn`t have to be so suspicious of folks

Post Thanks / Like

Look at the number of magazines sold within a 15 minute drive of your business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Already have. They claim 2,000 mags are sent each quarter (seems like a small # for the area they claim to cover) - 1/2 page ad 4 times a year cost $800 TOTAL (FULL payment is due before any work is done). They do the art work/layout too. Plus they said they would give me a lower half right hand page
    Think about it. They send out 2000 magazines for free and you are expected to pay to put an ad in there? For 2000 views? Try 20 actual views. Out of those 20, what is the chance that any of them are even going to remember your name - i.e. create some name recognition for your business? You`d do better doing up a poster on photo paper and asking permission to put it up in the service waiting room or parts departments at local dealerships catering to higher end vehicles - i.e. those that are more likely to have owners who take pride in their cars but don`t have the time/interest to do their own detailing.

Just one POV!
    Regards,
    <TED>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tedj101 View Post
    Think about it. They send out 2000 magazines for free and you are expected to pay to put an ad in there? For 2000 views? Try 20 actual views. Out of those 20, what is the chance that any of them are even going to remember your name - i.e. create some name recognition for your business? You`d do better doing up a poster on photo paper and asking permission to put it up in the service waiting room or parts departments at local dealerships catering to higher end vehicles - i.e. those that are more likely to have owners who take pride in their cars but don`t have the time/interest to do their own detailing.

Just one POV!

You do make a pretty convincing argument . If the numbers where say, 10,000+ it would be more compelling

There has to be more then 2000 rich folk around here!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the numbers Tedj101 are pretty accurate. When we did direct mailers (Linux software, servers etc.) it is between one and two percent of the actual number sent that actually result in some type of action taken by the intended customer. It climbs a couple of &#37; points when there is a freebie involved (you get a gift certificate just for calling type offer, stuffed Penguin dolls would get a response from the Linux, Techie crowd). As I said earlier if these magazines are a subscription or request based marketing the actual views goes over 50% though response rate climbs only a couple of points.

In the automotive end of things we offered free 40 point inspections and a fairly nice Dat Timer, day planner just for bringing your car in. We of course found plenty of things that needed attention on the cars that were inspected but the reality was that it resulted in few dollars generated. Most just said can I get my day planner now and left. Direct mailers and flyers left on the door or on your car are a tough way to market. Having been involved in multiple industries using direct mail marketing, my honest opinion is there is almost always a better way.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information