Post Thanks / Like

Headlight restoration to attract new customers

I have been putting a lot of thought on how to go about creating buzz for my new business with detailing and getting my name out there. One idea I have had is to offer "no appointment necessary" headlight restoration with a discount over my regular price. This would be for a simple 1 step job involving using Detailer’s All In One Headlight Restoring Polish . I am thinking about running it for a weekend or maybe just a Saturday. Show up, clean up the headlights, drive off. Much like you see those free windshield repair tents that occasionally pop up in parking lots. Of course I would make a point to introduce myself and give out my business cards, as well as maybe make up a pamphlet or something to let them take home.

Has anyone tried this idea and have you had any success with it? Or do you possibly have any suggestions for this idea? My goals at this point are to build a customer base and promote my business to new potential clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headlight restoration to attract new customers

It`s good idea but you need to make it easy on the customer...I would go to large business parks and offer it those that are working there. Have a sign up sheet and see how many people that attracts..while I worked in an office we had a mobile detailer come in once a week and was WAY busy

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I have been putting a lot of thought on how to go about creating buzz for my new business with detailing and getting my name out there. One idea I have had is to offer "no appointment necessary" headlight restoration with a discount over my regular price. This would be for a simple 1 step job involving using Detailer’s All In One Headlight Restoring Polish . I am thinking about running it for a weekend or maybe just a Saturday. Show up, clean up the headlights, drive off. Much like you see those free windshield repair tents that occasionally pop up in parking lots. Of course I would make a point to introduce myself and give out my business cards, as well as maybe make up a pamphlet or something to let them take home.

Has anyone tried this idea and have you had any success with it? Or do you possibly have any suggestions for this idea? My goals at this point are to build a customer base and promote my business to new potential clients.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information