Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Pre-Paid Gift Certificates

As the holidays approach I was thinking of ways to selling my detailing services as Christmas gifts. In past years I’ve had customers ask about gift certificates, of which I have a few of them on a word documents that I can print or email. In previous years I have not charged the recipient for the work until it was preformed. In most cases I never heard from them.

This year I’m going to try a different approach. I’m going to start with my steady customers and offer a pre-paid gift certificate with a % discount, that’s the selling point ( I haven’t decided on the percentage) For new prospects or my one hit wonders (customers I’ve worked with once in the last year or two) I’m going to offer the same but at a slightly higher price to cover any disasters that might come up.
    This came to me while reading an article about buying “made in the USA” this Christmas to help the economy. It also mentioned making gifts or doing something for someone as a service. Cooking a meal, cleaning their house or car, etc.

I just thought I would pass this along to other part or full time detailers of ways to generate income, or those that are looking for ways to give a gift that might not have a lot of money. It certainly is a way to generate new customers for the better weather times of the year.

Your thoughts?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a few detailers who do similar promos and have had good luck with it. One guy said that he normally sells $600 worth of gift cards every Christmas, and might have 1 actually show up to redeem it. If I had a warm shop to work out of year round, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holiday Pre-Paid Gift Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I know a few detailers who do similar promos and have had good luck with it. One guy said that he normally sells $600 worth of gift cards every Christmas, and might have 1 actually show up to redeem it. If I had a warm shop to work out of year round, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Thanks, I suspect that most of the work, if they redeem them. Would be in the early spring. Californians are weird when it comes to washing or detailing their cars if there is a hint of rain in the forecast.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m offering to do detailing work without a shirt. That way female customers can have their car detailed and enjoy the show.

Seriously though, that is a great idea. The whole idea of a service as a gift is a lot more practice too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I`m offering to do detailing work without a shirt. That way female customers can have their car detailed and enjoy the show.
    I know my luck, and there would undoubtedly be a car come in for the topless man wash, and it would be a another dude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I know my luck, and there would undoubtedly be a car come in for the topless man wash, and it would be a another dude.
    Their money is the same. Just make sure you set some ground rules like no touching and stand at least 20 feet away

Post Thanks / Like
    Their money is the same. Just make sure you set some ground rules like no touching and stand at least 20 feet away
    Yeah, I suppose that would work. Either that, or give them what they came to see...a hairy soaped up chest sliding all over their car. Pretty much a reenactment of Jessica Simpson washing the General Lee in the Dukes of Hazard, but with guys.

Edit - my apologies to Beemerboy for hijacking this thread to talk about disgusting things.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea there, that way they will come back sometime during the next year for your service`s.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

To date I`ve sold 5 motorcycle and 3 car details for next year. I reduced the price in order to get people to buy. Its been very easy to sell them, to my regular customers who see the value in my work!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

!I would have to see the preveiw first!

Thread Information