Thread: sales pitch

Post Thanks / Like

sales pitch

Hi im look for a good way to get delaer ship and other contracts to keep me going when things get slow im a mobile bizz in Ct any good sales pitchs I can use?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sales pitch

Tell them you will do a car for free or half off what you were going to charge them to show them what you can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s really the best way. Dealerships can keep you afloat during slow times, but they usually have detailers beating the doors down wanting work, and it becomes a cut throte business quickly. Unless you live in an area where there aren`t a lot of "detailers" (I use that term loosely), its gonna be hard to get their business.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

A LONG time ago I went through a very high dollar sales training. The two things that I remember most are:
    1) Know your client/potential client. This included everything form learning whatever you could about them and what makes them different from your other clients to going around the room at your face-to-face to learn the names and roles of the attendees.
    2) Make clear what you can do for them. (I found it useful to consider what their method of decision making might be. Feed their motives. For example, one of you clients might need you to be available for on call `emergency` work or available set hours. If that works for you but not the next guy make sure they know it.)

Good luck!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    That`s really the best way. Dealerships can keep you afloat during slow times, but they usually have detailers beating the doors down wanting work, and it becomes a cut throte business quickly. Unless you live in an area where there aren`t a lot of "detailers" (I use that term loosely), its gonna be hard to get their business.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I fully agree. I have a portfolio I have taken with magazine articles, pictures, publications, and awards. The larger dealerships I think it automatically priced me out of their market mentally. Mid sized dealerships seem to be more receptive that dont have a body shop. I think it is important to have a price you NEED in mind then divide that number by .75(for negotiation). A portfolio and a standard price sheet to show their discount helps also. If nothing else it anchors or puts an impression in their mind. Expectaions need to be set upfont. Like he said it is very competitive.

Be prepared when you go in to negotiate. Preferrably introduce your self and set an appointment with Sales and Service manager. If you interupt their day you minus well talk into a funnel. If they can block some time you will get further even if you have to come back. Get the appointment. Work on your "elevator speech" that is a statement that describes what you do and yourself fully in about 20-30 seconds. Use a timer and know it. Remember your selling to salesmen. This also helps with brief run ins at parking lots, stores, and gas stations. Most importantly keep at it.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Thread Information