Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dwgcmc View Post
    Some of those people will come back and/or result in referrals, but coupons/discounts/freebies often attract people who will only return when the offer is extended again.

Yes, it is an investment. I view it the same way when I spend an extra hour on a vehicle doing the little extras that weren`t paid for. But you must have an expected return on your investment. Let`s say you run the ad for 10 weeks at the cost of $8,500. If it draws you 200 new paying customers at an average price of $150 over the course of 1 year you would gross $30,000. That makes your advertising cost 28%. That is an incredibly high percentage and a gross profit of only $21,500 minus actual costs.

Would you hand over $8,500 for advertising on the hope of getting 200 customers?
    I can agree here. Spending or giving some more time is cheaper. It has also secured more long term loyal clients.

I commend your effort A2B. Just don`t lose out on well paying clients who will be regulars.
    Don`t skimp on quality. This is a delicate balance with what you are doing. There is always that one client who you don`t realize at first could sky rocket your business. Pay close attention.
    Best of luck to you.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this really worth it?

Thanks everyone, and I talked to the manager again today, we made arrangements with the DJ to only give out `exterior onlys`, this works out perfect for me and gives me the oppertunity to charge them if they want the interior done. I just can`t see this any other way than a win win situation.

Premium, Yes it`s a contract agreement of 12 weeks.

Concours.John, it would be stupid of me to forget my loyal customers who have been there for me when I didn`t have advertising, they come first everyone else comes second
    Get your shine on!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Thanks everyone, and I talked to the manager again today, we made arrangements with the DJ to only give out `exterior onlys`, this works out perfect for me and gives me the oppertunity to charge them if they want the interior done. I just can`t see this any other way than a win win situation.

Premium, Yes it`s a contract agreement of 12 weeks.

Concours.John, it would be stupid of me to forget my loyal customers who have been there for me when I didn`t have advertising, they come first everyone else comes second
    That`s great! Just looking out.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

everyone else comes second

Don`t let those new customers hear you say that! To me, it means I am getting a second rate job.

I know you think they`ll understand, but they won`t.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    everyone else comes second

Don`t let those new customers hear you say that! To me, it means I am getting a second rate job.

I know you think they`ll understand, but they won`t.
    All it means is that I`m going to schedule noob appointments around my regular clients, everyone will get the same quality work, just not the same quality time frame
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great opportunity for you! Best of luck! And I like the idea of only giving away partial details and having the ability to upsell this or that. How much are you doing on the exterior? Wash, clay, wax/seal, and windows?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information