Post Thanks / Like

help with persuasive speech for class

as the title states im going to be doing a persuasive speech in public speeking for my final project and i want to do it on the bennifits of detailing. wondering what tips i should use. i have seen something on here befor it had a diagram of the surface contaniments and such, showed metal, primer, paint, then clear but i cant find it. i was gonna use it to demonstrate clay. also i want to talk about how it improves resale value...interrior details help with people with alergies. stuff like that. its going to be a power point so i want to include as many pictures and diagrams as possible if any of you could be so kind to maybe post some i could use? i want to ace this and i may even use it at some car club meetings to gather new clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help with persuasive speech for class

was searching somemore and found some very helpful info from another member that did this. if you could could still help with pics and diagrams it would be awsome

Post Thanks / Like

I would break down the detail in each step and explain the benefits of each

the process and what each is doing to the car. Then the overall benefit of keeping on top of your car and its effects on resale.

As of illustrations, your going to have to find website that can provide those. You might want to reference kelly blue book on resale values, here you can show cars that are in top condition to those that have defects from lack of good car care.

You can also point out the reasons for certain failures on cars, such as clear coat failure, fading, oxidation, etc. Most all of these can be avoided with a good maintenance program in place.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Can you make this topic connect to your teacher/professor and the audience? If nobody, especially the person(s) grading you, can`t connect to your topic and its points or don`t have any idea what you are talking about then your grade might not be as good as it could be. The majority of people don`t have a clue about what detailing is other than maybe wash/wax so you might see their eyes gloss over pretty quickly.

/debbie downer

Thread Information