Post Thanks / Like

NEW!!! Your ways of marketing?

Im new to this forum, but my partner and I have had our mobile detailing business open for alittle over 7 months now and have generated quite a bit of buisness and now we are looking for new ways to bring in new clients. we have(retirement community, tire shop, golf course, retirement house community)

We tried Dealerships but they all have in house detailers and dont really out source there trade-ins. We have big business owners but are limited on there fleet.
    What my partner and I want input on is how do you "detailers" approach fleet/construction companies? (proffessional business plaza`s, doctors office, etc...)

What works best for everyone??

Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW!!! Your ways of marketing?

Face-to-Face and follow ups. For Dr.`s Offices/Plazas, go in during a slow time for them. Not first thing in the morning and not right where they`re closing. At these time you are just an annoyance. Give a name, be memorable, get a name, leave something behind. Then follow up in a couple days. Be presentable and professional; wait if you see they are working on something. If you catch them in the middle of something, you`ll just get mixed into their wash. Let them know about the convenience of your mobile service and stand behind your work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. We will be going marketing today and tomorrow as we have slow days, so we will see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive generated a TON of business on Facebook and by giving out business cards to friends and family, every single client gets at least 2, and I leave them on bulletin boards at local stores and restaurants. You would be surprised at how many people you can reach through free advertisement and good word of mouth. Stay away from Craigslist though. Its not worth the amount of spam you`ll get.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a facebook account for the business but I guess I really havent been keeping up with it like I should. Most of my clients are retired and dont use facebook at all. Free advertisement is great for sure, I have also been trying to get intouch with some "partner companies" to try and show an even bigger convenience for using my services (additional discounts at other stores).

Post Thanks / Like

When trying to get into offices, plazas, etc., sell a basic wash if you can`t get a full detail. That`s just your foot in the door. Stuff like this spreads like wildfire in offices. One gets it done, they bring it up in casual conversation for the day, shows it off later, and now more at the office want it.

Perfect example: The other day I was at the dentist, brought in a couple of my postcard size flyers and got one of the assistants to set up a detail. I went today to do her car and 4 more of co-workers now want me to come back Monday. Just get your foot in the door.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with DJsDetails. It`s all about face time and follow up. The way I look at it, I don`t want there to be any question in anyone`s mind that has ever met me as to what I do. There are a few people in my area that detail cars on the side and promote themselves on Facebook and other social networking sites from time to time. I ask mutual friends "what does so and so do?" Usually the answer is "I don`t know". You ask anyone that knows my name what I do, and the answer will be "He details cars" or "He owns a detail shop". It takes time and a conscious effort, but it`s worth it in the end.

Also, follow up is extremely important. When someone says "I`ll call you (tomorrow, this week, soon, etc)", they won`t. Get a phone number, business card or email address and follow up with them regularly. Don`t contact them every day, but once in a while get a message to them. That way when the thought of getting their car detailed does jump back into their head, they won`t have to go "Who was that guy I met a couple months ago? Oh well, I`ll just go to Google and see if he comes up."

As far as social media and networking, the main idea is to stay relevant. You can`t just create a site on Facebook or set up a twitter account and then never sign on. You need to work on it daily. Add pictures, write ups, make comments, etc.

IMO, I would stay the hell away from dealerships unless they are willing to set up written contracts, unless you enjoy pulling your hair out.
    Last edited by GothamAuto; 10-16-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Needed to add another thought.

Thread Information