Post Thanks / Like

What would you pay?

Considering buying a business card sized add on the bottom of another companies door hanger. I can do a run of 2500 or 5000. What do you guys think this would be worth?
    Noble Detailing
    www.NobleDetailing.com

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you pay?

Quote Originally Posted by noble View Post
    Considering buying a business card sized add on the bottom of another companies door hanger. I can do a run of 2500 or 5000. What do you guys think this would be worth?
    that would really depend on the area you are working in ..

edit : ok i see you are in Utah ... probably no more than .20 cent per
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Who are these going to, where was the list generated from? If its the phone book pay less, if its people who have purchased detailing services such as yours more. I have paid 500.00 for a Business Card Sized ad in flyiers that get a 10,000 copy print and are given to people who purchase my type of services. That come out to 5 cents. The return rate without pictures, testimonials is incredible low, BUT if you get a few the add gets paid off quick. Dont expect more than a .25 to 1% response and to close 15-25% of those. These figures are based on my industry and experience and it is commercial cleaning supply distribution not detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been outspoken on this topic before. Speaking as one living in Utah, I wouldn`t give any door hanger the time of day. I feel the same way about windshield fliers. I won`t throw them on the ground but they go in to the trash without a look. I believe this type of advertising to be truly bottom shelf. So as a direct answer to this question, I wouldn`t pay a cent.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve worked in the a industry that dose some mass mailing / marketing.

The rate of return is less than 2% closer to .5% and that`s when you do the demographics on that area that you are targeting.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    The rate of return is less than 2% closer to .5% and that`s when you do the demographics on that area that you are targeting.
    These numbers represent my experience exactly... with a very targeted postcard mailing drop... affluent zipcode, income level > x, property value > x, homeowner over 40.

Having said that, I`ve always found postcards to be worth the expense. One or two closed sales, plus spin off word-of-mouth referrals, quickly recoups the cost.

I agree with the above statement on door hangers.. trash IMO.

Best of luck, Noble!
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
    These numbers represent my experience exactly... with a very targeted postcard mailing drop... affluent zipcode, income level > x, property value > x, homeowner over 40.

Having said that, I`ve always found postcards to be worth the expense. One or two closed sales, plus spin off word-of-mouth referrals, quickly recoups the cost.

I agree with the above statement on door hangers.. trash IMO.

Best of luck, Noble!
    One thing to consider is when you get home and see one hanging on your door what do you do with it?

Unless its from your energy company about your electricity is turned off
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information