Post Thanks / Like

Designing a new logo

I had a creative bug this weekend and worked on hammering out a new logo. The one I`m currently using is a product of being rushed to come up with something fast for a banner that was being designed for an event. It has worked for the last couple years, but I`ve always wanted to do something a little more with it. So here is my first draft on a new attempt. What do you think?

It`s just a draft, mind you. I`m still trying to figure out Illustrator. All of my design work up to this point has been in Photoshop, but I`ve had to start learning Illustrator for the company I work for now. There are some things that could be easier with that program...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Designing a new logo

ok... there ya go. Thoughts? I`m still working on the rear fender area. Kinda cramped back there...

Post Thanks / Like

Thats really clever, i like it my only complaint is i over looked the front O the first time then realized what it was. But other then that i like it!

Post Thanks / Like

I mean no offense in this comment so please don`t take it as such. I know who you are and I really had to work to get your name out of it. I`m afraid if someone didn`t know what they were looking for they wouldn`t get it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I will be honest I don`t really like it right now...Maybe once colors get added if you were planning that. I will try to be constructive as to why I don`t like it: It`s just not all that neat, I personally think the lines should be connected more on the shape of the car so other people will understand you are a detailer. I think you should clean up the logo a little bit, or maybe post another one with some color in the "OCDetails" part. Then IMO it will look much better. Illustrator is really tough to work with, I give you credit for being able to stay patient with it! You have a nice base to work with, a little tweaking and you will have yourself a nice logo! Maybe the others will like it though, I`m just trying to help out with what I see in it. Good luck, keep us posted with other drafts of it.
    D-Trick Detailing
    Missed a spot!

Post Thanks / Like

I do not like it that much. The large O`s seem to be an interesting idea.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the letters should be a different color, so that they stand out, presently they seem to blend
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. The more I look at it, the more I have to raise an eyebrow. It is the first design I`ve come up with that seems to work with getting wheels on the logo. I like the font because the O`s match the flow of the rest of the lines, but the rest of the font is kind of funky. I`ll have to keep playing with it and see what I can come up with. Your feedback is definitely appreciated though! That`s why I posted it before I adopted it.

Post Thanks / Like

After a second look. I think the line weights used are a bit heavy. If you are going to use your name, the profile of the car should be less prominent.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I mean no offense in this comment so please don`t take it as such. I know who you are and I really had to work to get your name out of it. I`m afraid if someone didn`t know what they were looking for they wouldn`t get it.
    Same here... very hard to read. Good luck!
    JohnHenry

Maestro of Microfiber
    Post Thanks / Like

I like including some kind of car shape to further define your business, but overall too hard to read, especially at a glance (ie: people seeing your rig on the street). See user DJ`s Details. His is very easy to read, but his: `car line` tells you a bunch.

Perhaps keeping the car but doing something different with the name (which doesn`t really need to include the `.com`)

Keep at it....logo design is terribly difficult and everybody has a different idea of perfect
    My Indian Name is "Runs With Beer"

Thread Information