Post Thanks / Like

I`m Not Sure How I Feel About This

Well at the gym at lunch I handed my card to a regular member that I see everyday...really nice MB convertible, but the car is a mess.

I noticed that he had a "handicapped" placard he put in the window.

He said that he really wants to get his car back in shape, but can`t do the work. No issues there for me

Then I got to wondering how many others that might be in the same position would want their cars done?

Might be a small market of customers there.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m Not Sure How I Feel About This

It`s money ain`t it?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought seriously about hitting an up-scale retirement complex here once. Successful older folks who all drive high end cars and play golf all day at their private course. After questioning into it a little, i found out from a security guard that private contractors have to jump though alot of hoops and legal bs to do any work on the property.
    I do a Mustang GT on a regular basis thats set up with hand controls for a lady who has no use of her legs. Ive always cut her a good deal and she has introduced me to several new customers. Theres a market out there of people from all walks of life with differant stories and situations. Some people (meaning my wife) might think its shallow or in bad taste to target folks who CANT care for thier own vehicals. From what Ive seen, these are the most grateful clients, and if they are treated with respect they will be clients for life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I thought seriously about hitting an up-scale retirement complex here once. Successful older folks who all drive high end cars and play golf all day at their private course. After questioning into it a little, i found out from a security guard that private contractors have to jump though alot of hoops and legal bs to do any work on the property.
    I do a Mustang GT on a regular basis thats set up with hand controls for a lady who has no use of her legs. Ive always cut her a good deal and she has introduced me to several new customers. Theres a market out there of people from all walks of life with differant stories and situations. Some people (meaning my wife) might think its shallow or in bad taste to target folks who CANT care for thier own vehicals. From what Ive seen, these are the most grateful clients, and if they are treated with respect they will be clients for life.
    I`m not surprised that they appreciate it and their money is green and will spend just like other people.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see it now....driving through shopping center parking lots searching for high-end cars parked in the handicapped section. Placing a flyer under their wiper arm advertising a haddicapped discount. You could probably pull data from the DMV for all the people with registered handicap permits to send mailers out to. Seems like a viable niche to me.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I can see it now....driving through shopping center parking lots searching for high-end cars parked in the handicapped section. Placing a flyer under their wiper arm advertising a haddicapped discount. You could probably pull data from the DMV for all the people with registered handicap permits to send mailers out to. Seems like a viable niche to me.
    David

I don`t put out flyers but I would try and talk to the direct..if I can do that then most every time I get the biz
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information