clean sills & jambs & fender wells
    clean wheels & tires
    clean windows inside/out
    clean & codition leather
    clean & condition interior panels

Basic Detail with Wax: $100
    $115-120 depending on size

Carpet & upholstory shampoo:$25
    This is alot better Dickie .Although I would raise the price on car washes $25-$35 or maybe $20 even to repeat customers.This will get you going.I bet your g/f helped you with this set-up.I am no spelling expert but I still see a couple of miss spells(seals / condition) I`m going to bed now but you STUDY.....see you tommorow.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What YA THINK?

"Depending on size" seems way too subjective - what you think is a big truck, another person might not think is big. Not that there is a lot of difference in your pricing scheme. You might want to categorize that and determine the prices based on the number of hours it would take to complete what you call a "big" vehicle, for instance. If you`re charging $120 for something like an F-350 that could take all day to do, you`re not looking at making that much per hour.

Your "basic detail" is almost what I would consider a wash. Compared to your wash only, what extra are you adding to justify a $50+ increase? When I do washes for folks, stuff like cleaning the wheel wells and jambs are just a given - I couldn`t imagine charging someone in good faith for a wash and not doing those things. Maybe drop the wash only completely and make the leather conditioning an option and raise your wash price to $20-30 or so for a car wash. I get that easy when I do a wash - and I am just a part time part-timer. In my opinion, someone who is wanting to get serious about this shouldn`t do a "wash only" - it`s all the little extra things that are going to make you stand out. Anyone can hose down a car and call it a wash. I would try and steer clear of that sort of thing.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    "Depending on size" seems way too subjective - what you think is a big truck, another person might not think is big. Not that there is a lot of difference in your pricing scheme. You might want to categorize that and determine the prices based on the number of hours it would take to complete what you call a "big" vehicle, for instance. If you`re charging $120 for something like an F-350 that could take all day to do, you`re not looking at making that much per hour.

Your "basic detail" is almost what I would consider a wash. Compared to your wash only, what extra are you adding to justify a $50+ increase? When I do washes for folks, stuff like cleaning the wheel wells and jambs are just a given - I couldn`t imagine charging someone in good faith for a wash and not doing those things. Maybe drop the wash only completely and make the leather conditioning an option and raise your wash price to $20-30 or so for a car wash. I get that easy when I do a wash - and I am just a part time part-timer. In my opinion, someone who is wanting to get serious about this shouldn`t do a "wash only" - it`s all the little extra things that are going to make you stand out. Anyone can hose down a car and call it a wash. I would try and steer clear of that sort of thing.
    very good advice... Dickie, take notice to all of the little green squares under JP`s avitar, those are reputation points. What they mean is that JP has been around for some time and has seen a lot as it pertains to detailing and has offered up a lot of helpful advice in his time here at Detailcity this in my humble oppinion equals lots of experience and it is these guys with good reputation power that I learn the most from. Not to say that a person who does`nt have much reputation here at Detailcity does`nt have lots of experience as they may have been in this bussiness for decades but only recently became a member here at the city. So I pay attention to everything I read here and bounce my thoughts off the guys who I know have a reputation as a good detailer. So really I use the little green squares as a tool to decide who I want to ask for help and I find that most everyone here is very helpful,TD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaredpointer View Post
    "depending on size" seems way too subjective - what you think is a big truck, another person might not think is big. Not that there is a lot of difference in your pricing scheme. You might want to categorize that and determine the prices based on the number of hours it would take to complete what you call a "big" vehicle, for instance. If you`re charging $120 for something like an f-350 that could take all day to do, you`re not looking at making that much per hour.

Your "basic detail" is almost what i would consider a wash. Compared to your wash only, what extra are you adding to justify a $50+ increase? When i do washes for folks, stuff like cleaning the wheel wells and jambs are just a given - i couldn`t imagine charging someone in good faith for a wash and not doing those things. Maybe drop the wash only completely and make the leather conditioning an option and raise your wash price to $20-30 or so for a car wash. I get that easy when i do a wash - and i am just a part time part-timer. In my opinion, someone who is wanting to get serious about this shouldn`t do a "wash only" - it`s all the little extra things that are going to make you stand out. Anyone can hose down a car and call it a wash. I would try and steer clear of that sort of thing.
    +2
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I paid Troy, Norah and Steve to give me all those green squares. Hahahaha!

Most of what I know I gathered from here and am just trying to pass it on. There`s lots of folks that know more about the pricing and business aspect than I do.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

97' Chevy Silverado 4x4
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    ]
    I`m really having a hard time with this.
    how about this;
    Basic Detail:$65 - $75 ext.trucks/suv`s

Basic Detail w/ Wax:$100 - $135ext.truck/suv

Interior Only:$35

Wash & dry:$18 - 30ext.truck/suv/

Is this any better??????

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Better figure a MINIMUM of $20/ hour. Practice on your caprice. Do some freebies to get handle on it. Dont quit your regular job!! READ,READ,READ, and ask questions or do search the forum. Instead of WAX try some AIO products that are polishes with sealant, polishes with carnuba, or just pure sealants. Then top them off with a non-cleaning wax such as PBs Nattys line up, in RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    Thanks
    ]
    I`m really having a hard time with this.
    how about this;
    Basic Detail:$65 - $75 ext.trucks/suv`s

Basic Detail w/ Wax:$100 - $135ext.truck/suv

Interior Only:$35

Wash & dry:$18 - 30ext.truck/suv/

Is this any better??????
    Getting Better Everytime. Jared has offered you Alot of good tips.He is a "PRO" on tha business side of advice.And not to shabby on tha Detailing side either(Jared has a real job )

97' Chevy Silverado 4x4
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RANDAL View Post
    Better figure a MINIMUM of $20/ hour. Practice on your caprice. Do some freebies to get handle on it. Dont quit your regular job!! READ,READ,READ, and ask questions or do search the forum. Instead of WAX try some AIO products that are polishes with sealant, polishes with carnuba, or just pure sealants. Then top them off with a non-cleaning wax such as PBs Nattys line up, in RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!!!
    okay check this out ...
    My Business Name
    prices vary with size of vehicle

Basic Detail:$60 - $80suv/van/ext.truck

Basic Detail with Wax:$100 - $120

Interior Only:$30 - $50

Shampoo carpets & seats:$20 -$35

Wash Only:$15(all vehicle`s for a limited time)

What you think? Should I add a vacuum only: ??

Post Thanks / Like

okay check this out ...
    My Business Name

I think your running off tha track again.
    1)*Prices vary on condition of cars/trucks
    2)Basic Detail should already include wax & interior wipe down, widows & vacumn $65-$95
    3)Interior only looks o.k.$30-$50 (assuming this is carpet/leather cleaning&conditioning)
    4)Shampoo looks o.k. also $20-$35
    5)Wash Only:$15 I myself do not offer wash only for a couple of reasons 1)to much time/product not enough $$.2)You offer Washes,get ready to be doing nothing but Washes...However I know you are tryin to get started.And with this economy all jacked up like it is...So if you wanna do Washes you have my blessings....At least charge $17-$18 for wash, that way 99% will go ahead and slide you an even $20 w/tip.I would not use alot of dressing on washes, this will eat up profit.
    6)Offering vacumn only? Dickie I`m not even going to reply....How about I just say...

Post Thanks / Like

okay check this out ...
    My Business Name

I think your interior only is still to low. @ $30-50 you will be doing nothing but rolling cafeterias
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

if you dont wax it its not a detail.............its a car wash ............find one of your competitors flyers and just charge the same ....its working for them and it will work for you too...
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    I think your interior only is still to low. @ $30-50 you will be doing nothing but rolling cafeterias
    This is why I put "Prices very on condition of vehicle"

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Sage advice again from JP
    Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    if you dont wax it its not a detail.............its a car wash ............find one of your competitors flyers and just charge the same ....its working for them and it will work for you too...
    True on the no wax = no detail and see JP`s comment on "wash only"

Interesting thought on copying priced from a competitor. I would only add the proviso that you need to be able to deliver at least the same quality of work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information