Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What YA THINK?

Dewey,Cheatem & Howe ESQ.
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What YA THINK?

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    if you dont wax it its not a detail.............its a car wash ............find one of your competitors flyers and just charge the same ....its working for them and it will work for you too...
    x-2 Plus,make sure the guy is doing some business.Don`t ever model yourself after a HACK.
    See what the big or well respected guy`s in the biz are doing, and offering there customers. Add some extras you see they do not offer.The free friends,and relatives,route is good advertising,and people will comment and take note of a toilet today and a shiny "when finished" vehicle later.

Rome was not built in a day,Reputation,work quality,takes time to build.Your name will get around if you don`t give up.

Good luck and stay focused.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    if you dont wax it its not a detail.............its a car wash ............find one of your competitors flyers and just charge the same ....its working for them and it will work for you too...
    I am shocked - SHOCKED - that there is no reference to the Big Ron`s Nu Finish.... Haha....
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

97' Chevy Silverado 4x4
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=flash gordon;281815]
    Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post
    Revised pricing;

Basic Detail: $65 $80suv/van/truck
    wash & hand dry
    interior vacuum
    clean sills & jambs & fender wells
    clean wheels & tires
    clean windows inside/out
    clean & codition leather
    clean & condition interior panels

Basic Detail with Wax: $100
    $115-120 depending on size

Carpet & upholstory shampoo:$25
    This is alot better Dickie .Although I would raise the price on car washes $25-$35 or maybe $20 even to repeat customers.This will get you going.I bet your g/f helped you with this set-up.I am no spelling expert but I still see a couple of miss spells(seals / condition) I`m going to bed now but you STUDY.....see you tommorow.
    Thanks.. Since I`m just opening business I was thinking of offering $18 wash only for an limited time only. And yes my g/f gave sum input lol

Another question, this is my logo

Dickie`s Detail
    dirty car`s, gone clean

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dickie;283070]
    Quote Originally Posted by flash gordon View Post

Thanks.. Since I`m just opening business I was thinking of offering $18 wash only for an limited time only. And yes my g/f gave sum input lol

Dickie`s Detail
    dirty car`s, gone clean

What do you think?
    Dickie I was just wondering about you earlier today...Glad your back.

I think the $18 car wash is an excellent place to start.You also need to try and upsale(Wax)when you feel the oppurtunity exist.

I would encourage you to run more of your ideas by your g/f and also ask her if there is anything she would ad.Don`t discount her ideas.

Your logo I think is kinda cute/eye catching. So I think this will work just fine for now.

The most important advice I can give you though has nothing really to do with detailing, but I promise you it will help.

1)Show up 5-10 minutes early
    2)Be polite...yes sir,no sir...yes mam, no mam....
    3)Have a clean appearence.....now I`m not saying you have to show up looking like Earkle...but on the other hand if lets say you have any facial piercing...leave them at home...at least untill you get to know the client
    4)It`s cool to listen to tunes while you detail. But I would lay-off the offensive rap music. And most certainaly keep the volume reasonable.
    5)When you are finished with clients car and they have paid you(and there happy) be sure and ask them when you may call again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dickie View Post

Dickie`s Detail
    dirty car`s, gone clean

What do you think?
    Not sure I like the slogan, or logo as you call it.
    I had to think about what it means, and I like a slogan to be very simple and clear, along with being cute etc.
    Mark S.

"You may now return your stewardess to her original upright position"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information