Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Free Marketing Idea

So here`s the deal. Not sure if it will work in your area, but I guess you just have to ask. Every time I order a Papa Johns pizza, well, 1/2 the time, I get a flyerr attached to the box or folded and tucked in the side of the box. These flyers are for other businesses. I went in and talked to the lady in charge about how much it costs to advertise. She told me it was free, as long as I handed out her flyers as well.

She said even though she is part of a big corporation, small businesses have to help each other out. Which I thought was very nice of her.

I was told they send out 400+ pizza boxes in one weekend. I asked how long they will put my flyer on the boxes, and she said 1-2 weeks, depending on how many fliers I bring in.

SO.... I just finished designing my flyers, well, almost. I ordered another pizza this evening, so I can go back in and talk to her. I will be bringing my flyers in on Tuesday. Half sheet, front and back. I am printing them black and white, on either neon yellow, neon orange, or neon green paper. I figure I will go cheap for now to see how it goes, as most flyers will be tossed. No sense of spending a ton on colored copies right now.

So, check out pizza joints and see what you can come up with. I already picked up a ton of flyers for Papa Johns and ready to hand them to clients when I give them an invoice.

I will update the thread and let you all know how it all goes.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Marketing Idea

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    So here`s the deal. Not sure if it will work in your area, but I guess you just have to ask. Every time I order a Papa Johns pizza, well, 1/2 the time, I get a flyerr attached to the box or folded and tucked in the side of the box. These flyers are for other businesses. I went in and talked to the lady in charge about how much it costs to advertise. She told me it was free, as long as I handed out her flyers as well.

She said even though she is part of a big corporation, small businesses have to help each other out. Which I thought was very nice of her.

I was told they send out 400+ pizza boxes in one weekend. I asked how long they will put my flyer on the boxes, and she said 1-2 weeks, depending on how many fliers I bring in.

SO.... I just finished designing my flyers, well, almost. I ordered another pizza this evening, so I can go back in and talk to her. I will be bringing my flyers in on Tuesday. Half sheet, front and back. I am printing them black and white, on either neon yellow, neon orange, or neon green paper. I figure I will go cheap for now to see how it goes, as most flyers will be tossed. No sense of spending a ton on colored copies right now.

So, check out pizza joints and see what you can come up with. I already picked up a ton of flyers for Papa Johns and ready to hand them to clients when I give them an invoice.

That is some good info. Definetely keep us posted on how it turns out. I always see those little sticky ads on tha boxes. Honestly I can`t say I`ve ever used any of tha services offered,actually I couldn`t even tell 1 of tha biz I`ve seen do this.Usually by tha time tha "Pie" makes it to my home it geets devowered in minutes.But I think this is some valuable info you have found out.Say you do 1,000 if 10 good(repeat/reference) people contact you, then I say you win.

Post Thanks / Like

Man. I wish they had Papa John`s around here. Love that stuff. Good luck with your plan, let us know how it PANS out, get it? Wakka wakka.

Post Thanks / Like

In my area, none of the pizza delivery have ever included flyers except a price sheet for pizza.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    Looking forward to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    Looking forward to this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I actually think I am going to hold off for a little while. I picked up that large dealer account that keep s me very busy. Not sure I will have time to book any appointments at all I am so swamped. I`m working 12+ hours days right now and I am pooped.

I did finish and print my flyers though, so I can be ready to turn them over when the time comes.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunky View Post
    in my area, none of the pizza delivery have ever included flyers except a price sheet for pizza.
    x2

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Thread Information