Post Thanks / Like

Soliciting to businesses

The economy sucks which in turn hurts our business, no secret to none of you. With not as many regulars and full details lately I have been going to Doctors, lawyers, salons, spas, and tryin to get some quick business. So far its been hit or miss, my bro has been workin with me to hit double the businesses. I have only devoted one day a week to this so far. I hate doin this but moneys money right now. I wanted to see if any other mobile guys go about this way of marketing, and what their success rate is.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soliciting to businesses

Your doing what you have to do and that`s what`s important. I hate soliciting myself and have never been good at marketing either for that matter.

My solution was to find other sources of income to supplement the detailing when it was slow rather than fight to depend on it.

Over the years, at times, I have forced myself to go door to door to businesses and introduce myself to them. Wasn`t worth it to me because I wasn`t good at it.

You just need to be creative in these times. Good marketing strategies can make your soliciting much more successful.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have been beating the streets( don`t do it to long or you`ll go blind) with hit or miss results. We are a luxury service to most, but to others we are someone who they depend on to maintain there investment.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with both of you. I have a power washing business that i do on the side, luckily I have gotten a couple graffiti removal jobs to keep me busy. one thing I ve been doin is tryin to get in with a golf course here, i ll keep you posted if I land any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I take no issues in calling my customers and asking for a order / detail..I also have no issues in stopping someone while they are close to their car and giving my card to them.

You can`t get the business unless they know you are there!

There is no far greater success in getting new business than doing it personally!

One thing that I did over the summer was to lower my prices on my regular details customers...I told them why....times are rough for us all...I also offered wash and wax specials...for them...I worked a bit harder..but I made about the same cash.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

clone

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE2MOBILE View Post
    The economy sucks which in turn hurts our business, no secret to none of you. With not as many regulars and full details lately I have been going to Doctors, lawyers, salons, spas, and tryin to get some quick business. So far its been hit or miss, my bro has been workin with me to hit double the businesses. I have only devoted one day a week to this so far. I hate doin this but moneys money right now. I wanted to see if any other mobile guys go about this way of marketing, and what their success rate is.
    you may try to find(yellow pages) local"estate sales companys" they often have granny mobiles they sale that need cleaning(they are actually in good shape most times) and if you are mechanically inclined you may help them with tires,batterires,etc... you may also check local papers for shops who are auctioning off vehicles because of no payment"mechanics lien" they may not pay what you are use to but $ is$ when you are not making$. hope this helps. also what is the worst that can happen if you are out hustln, i HAVE MET SOME OF MY BEST CUSTOMERS IN GAS STATION,GROCERY STORE PARKING LOTS. HOLD YOUR HEAD UP, BE POLITE, AND MAKE EYE CONTACT.ALSO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR PRODUCT-IT SHOWS-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILE2MOBILE View Post
    I found a good way to drum up some business is to make up a door hanger for your business with some bullet points about your services and your contact info. As your out and about just hang them on doors. You cover a lot more ground this way then when you stop a try to talk to every one. You also got your info into there hands without bothering them.

I have found that if you get up before dawn a hit a targeted area before people are up and moving around people are more apt to pick the flyer up a call that day or at least sometime during that week.

Hope this helps someone.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    you may try to find(yellow pages) local"estate sales companys" they often have granny mobiles they sale that need cleaning(they are actually in good shape most times) and if you are mechanically inclined you may help them with tires,batterires,etc... you may also check local papers for shops who are auctioning off vehicles because of no payment"mechanics lien" they may not pay what you are use to but $ is$ when you are not making$. hope this helps. also what is the worst that can happen if you are out hustln, i HAVE MET SOME OF MY BEST CUSTOMERS IN GAS STATION,GROCERY STORE PARKING LOTS. HOLD YOUR HEAD UP, BE POLITE, AND MAKE EYE CONTACT.ALSO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR PRODUCT-IT SHOWS-
    This Clone guy sured made some good suggestions...

Thread Information