Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Valet Parking Marketing

I have a friend who asked me to give him business cards so he can leave them in the nice cars that he valets. I have a meeting set up with the manager of the valet company to decide what their incentive is for leaving the business cards in the potential clients cars. My question is what should the incentive be? A percentage of the detail? Discounted detail services for staff members? I charge 165 per car, 185 for SUV/Truck. What do you guys think is a fair deal? Thanks !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Valet Parking Marketing

I really never advertise my detailing business. I let my advertisements go through my customers` reactions when they pick up their car. Let the word spread

When I go to local BMW meets, If some people comment on my condition of my car, I do hand them a business card, and explain my process 1v1. This has proved a pretty good tactic.....

The only time I handed a bunch of business cards to someone was an owner of a Tint Shop. I detailed their cars for them, and they asked for some cars to display at their shop......

They have tinted LeBron James` Cars, and other famous People around the Cleveland Area......So I find this as a high achievement.

This summer, because of the spread of word, and people seeing my work. I will be working in conjunction with this Tint shop detailing cars as they Tint......(If everything goes through correctly)

Just My .02 cents

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

give them gas cards?
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

The gas cards is a good idea. My biggest thing is not to overlook what they are actually doing for me. They are basically selecting the cars they think need my services and are more luxurious automobiles. I was thinking maybe twenty percent, or like I said the staff getting a discounted price on their own vehicles. And if the valet staff would have a client purchase a detailing package, they would receive more money because its a higher value. Just wondering what is to generous. I have a big heart and sometimes do not think things through! Thanks for the comments!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyV6 View Post
    I have a friend who asked me to give him business cards so he can leave them in the nice cars that he valets. I have a meeting set up with the manager of the valet company to decide what their incentive is for leaving the business cards in the potential clients cars. My question is what should the incentive be? A percentage of the detail? Discounted detail services for staff members? I charge 165 per car, 185 for SUV/Truck. What do you guys think is a fair deal? Thanks !!!!
    The $165 per car is that a full detail with polish and wax.
    I KNOW I NEED SOME HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    The $165 per car is that a full detail with polish and wax.
    The 165 is for a full detail. That includes the Engine, Complete Interior Detail, Complete Exterior Detail (Compounded and Polished via PC), Battery Charged with Battery Tender, Tire Pressure Checked and filled if needed as a complimentary service, and I will pick up their car or drive to them. I normally spend 4-8 hours on a complete detail depending on the shape of the vehicle and the size. Companies here in Columbus vary on their pricing, anywhere from 125.00-250.00 per car.

I also offer express details, just an interiordetail, or just an exteriordetail. My detail packages vary, depending on what my client is looking for. I am just learning the rotary way, so I will have a price that I charge for complete defect removal(hopefully) haha, once I am skilled at that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyV6 View Post
    I was thinking maybe twenty percent, or like I said the staff getting a discounted price on their own vehicles.
    Do you guy`s think giving an incentive to places such as upscale spa`s, tanning salon`s, barber shops to have your market material on display for people to see would pay off?
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    Do you guy`s think giving an incentive to places such as upscale spa`s, tanning salon`s, barber shops to have your market material on display for people to see would pay off?
    you never know ... I see people advertise at supermarkets and at karate places too
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    you never know ... I see people advertise at supermarkets and at karate places too
    I talked with a guy about advertising on the LCD screens at the supermarket before. He said it would be $250 a month

I don`t really know if I would go to a karate place or not .......

clone

here are the clones thoughts, 99.9% of the people who have helped me.did so because they like me and my work.and wouldn`t except anything i had 2 offer them. my thought has always been if a customer gives a freind a refferal 2 use my services they are putting there rep. on the line for me(no greater honor) so i really put my a-game on.:these are always the cars i spend to much time on as 2 be sure i did everything i possible could. what you might do is go to the source and ask them what you could do 4 them. but i beleive the absolutley most important thing is to just sincerely tell how much u really appreciate them helping you grow your biz. i also liked TBTEAS THOUGHT OF MAYbe occasionally giving out $50 gas cards. thats classey

clone

I know,iknow i missed spelled again fill free 2 blast me.

clone

I know, i know i misspelled again ha ha ha... Feel free to blast me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    I know, i know i misspelled again ha ha ha... Feel free to blast me.
    If I didn`t learn nothing else from G.I. JOE I learned that knowing is half the battle.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i also liked TBTEAS THOUGHT OF MAYbe occasionally giving out $50 gas cards. thats classey
    Who the F.. is TBTEAS? Is that a new drink?
    (just busting your chops)
    I didn`t say $50 gas cards... I just said gas cards. I normally gave, not give, gave... $10 cards out. That was when gas was cheap. I quit giving out referral cards though. Hasn`t stopped the business coming in.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

clone

SORRY T-BAGS Imean TEXASTB maybe i was being to generous($50) but i still think that was an outstanding idea you had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information