Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Walking through public areas???

I think Im gonna have some large signs made and hang them from my neck on the front and the back and walk through the local mall and see what kind of results I can get. I am not easily embarrassed and I do enjoy being the center of attention so I think this may go over well to sturr up some business. What do you guys think??

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walking through public areas???

It would be the kind of press you don`t want. The mall security will have you thrown out. You can do that on public property, but advertising on private property without paying for it will get you in trouble. Quite honestly, I wouldn`t give any business to someone who has to resort to a stunt like that. If you are any good at your craft then you don`t need to stoop that low. Put an ad in the classifieds if you want to advertise. Take your sign and walk through the public park or down a sidewalk or at an intersection. Don`t get arrested just to get attention though. It`s just a piece of advice that you can do whatever you want with. You did ask though.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I guess the mall was a bad idea, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I think its a good idea from the standpoint of advertising I just think Jngrbrdman is telling you that you may catch flak for it, which he is right...

Why not just get a nice shirt made up with your logo, name and number in larger letters and wear that?
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Colorfull shirt would work, had on my POOORBOYS WORLD t-shirt tuesday, and a lot of people looked. I guess I should have had y PAPA GRIZS shirt on, maybe I would pick up soe business. Bright colors seem to catch the eye the most.

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly I would think you had a few screws loose. It would not entice me to do business with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Shirts with bright colors would work well. I always get stares and questions about my PB`s shirt also. "Whats up with the Monopoly guy?" It gets the point across. The signs would make your business look unprofessional and yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who is an excellent detailer. His business wasn`t large and he provided a very personal level of service. He had some colorful shirts made up with his business name and logo on them. I don`t remember word for word how he said it but something along the lines of: (I provide the highest quality automotive detailing anywhere and my prices are affordable. My work is guaranteed. Ask me about it.) Surprisingly he had many people stop to talk to him. He wore these shirts everywhere, car shows, shopping, normal daily activities, once to a gun show that I attended with him. I saw several stop and ask him about his business. He always left them with a business card and got a good number of customers from his effort. I don`t think you would get in much trouble doing these even in a mall.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I do have shirts with my logo and info on them, but they are grey. I need to go with yellow and a bigger logo I think.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Eye catching colors!! Ya wearing those colors also, but it does attract attention. Freebies dont work, but you wear shirts so why not advertise for yourself for basically free. RANDAL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Premium View Post
    I do have shirts with my logo and info on them, but they are grey. I need to go with yellow and a bigger logo I think.
    What I was suggesting was more than just a colorful shirt with your business logo on it, obviously this is important but the additional info was what made his shirts different. It was the open invitation for people to ask what you do and why your the best place for them to spend their money.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I have a friend who is an excellent detailer. His business wasn`t large and he provided a very personal level of service. He had some colorful shirts made up with his business name and logo on them. I don`t remember word for word how he said it but something along the lines of: (I provide the highest quality automotive detailing anywhere and my prices are affordable. My work is guaranteed. Ask me about it.) Surprisingly he had many people stop to talk to him. He wore these shirts everywhere, car shows, shopping, normal daily activities, once to a gun show that I attended with him. I saw several stop and ask him about his business. He always left them with a business card and got a good number of customers from his effort. I don`t think you would get in much trouble doing these even in a mall.
    That is a great idea.

Having worked in mall security many many years ago I can assure you walking through a mall with a sign will certainly get you thrown out and possibly even get you booted permanently, which would mean no longer being able to shop there.

I think the T-Shirt idea is fantastic.
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree...T-shirts always catch peoples` attention and are a great sales tool.

I`m a total t-shirt fanatic and proudly wear my own t-shirts advertising my biz and many other cool ones I`ve collected over the years! I love T-shirts!

Post Thanks / Like

That shirt would look awesome with a 70 Mach 1 on it. (inside joke)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO! Where`ve you been lately??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information