Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upselling waxes

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upselling waxes

I used to do a lot of very upscale vehicles and very rarely did anyone even ask what I was using as long as the results met their expectations ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Back off-topic.
    One thing that I notice people really pick up on is "Hand Waxed".
    Many of them seem to think there is some magic in waxing by hand. I usually do apply wax/sealant by hand, but I don`t think it is any better than doing it with a machine. For me, it`s a matter of laziness. I don`t have any interest in getting out the PC then cleaning the pad after use. If I am using the PC to polish and already have it out, I will sometimes use it to apply an LSP. Even then, it seems about as fast and easy to do it by hand.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that alot of my customers ask what did you use as a wax? Which by the way for most customers and LSP is a wax no matter if its a sealent or not they say wax...but I digress...I tel l them the product I used and they usually ask what does a can of that stuff go for...when I tell them they are usually in shock especially with Souveran...so it seems like they are really excited to know that I used this $80 wax on there car, even though like you said Charles they are really getting a small portion of that.

As for the hand waxing you are dead on, everyplace I drive by says "Hand Waxed", as if they are implying there are so many other ways to put it on...

I put my on by hand for the same reason, I don`t feel like busting out the pc and I fine by hand I garauntee full coverage...
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Back off-topic.
    One thing that I notice people really pick up on is "Hand Waxed".
    Many of them seem to think there is some magic in waxing by hand. I usually do apply wax/sealant by hand, but I don`t think it is any better than doing it with a machine. For me, it`s a matter of laziness. I don`t have any interest in getting out the PC then cleaning the pad after use. If I am using the PC to polish and already have it out, I will sometimes use it to apply an LSP. Even then, it seems about as fast and easy to do it by hand.
    I think people will assume by hand means you won`t miss places a machine would or these same people assume that the person using a machine wouldn`t do tight places by hand if he couldn`t reach them with his machine ok now I`m getting confuse.. go back to topic
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information