Thread: Really big push

Post Thanks / Like

Question Really big push

Hey guy`s we still have a month or so of cold weather down here in Tulsa Ok. My question for you is, when would be a good time to start advertising for the up coming detail season?? Should I wait to the end of February, early March, or just start right now?

I know a lot you have websites, yellow pages ads....
    however I`m not there as of yet (but I will be!!). Just wanted to get some info from the PRO`S.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Really big push

I think that some of it might have to do with the way that you are going to advertise and what you have as a budget for advertising.
    If you can afford it, it won`t hurt to start now, even if it is still cold, you might be able to pick up a few extra details on the nicer days.

"J"

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would wait until people will be looking for detailing which I imagine would be at the beginning of the nice weather. If I were you I would spend this time making a website.

Post Thanks / Like

You don`t want to wait for the fish to start jumping and then decide what bait to use....get your ad stuff ready whatever you are going to use, devise the plan of attack...and I would start ASAP...there are plenty that will not have their cars done this month or next but will contact you about services / prices...you can build a prospect database of those that will once the weather turns...its what I do.....every time someone ask about spring cleaning for their cars during the winter (there are plenty)....I get their names and numbers and in the early spring I can call and get them started...some times I offer a special package (not pricing) for those that start early...cleaning of motors or head light restoration are two that I key on...this makes them feel like they are getting something more for the regular price...the whole time I am not compromising my price.

It never hurts to have your name out there even in the winter there are those that might have special needs....I have been busier this winter than many passed one...you can`t get them to call if they don`t know you are there!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    If I were you I would spend this time making a website.
    Troy did you do your own website? Is this easy to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    You don`t want to wait for the fish to start jumping and then decide what bait to use....get your ad stuff ready whatever you are going to use, devise the plan of attack...and I would start ASAP...there are plenty that will not have their cars done this month or next but will contact you about services / prices...you can build a prospect database of those that will once the weather turns...its what I do.....every time someone ask about spring cleaning for their cars during the winter (there are plenty)....I get their names and numbers and in the early spring I can call and get them started...some times I offer a special package (not pricing) for those that start early...cleaning of motors or head light restoration are two that I key on...this makes them feel like they are getting something more for the regular price...the whole time I am not compromising my price.

It never hurts to have your name out there even in the winter there are those that might have special needs....I have been busier this winter than many passed one...you can`t get them to call if they don`t know you are there!
    Beemer what kind of special package?

Post Thanks / Like

Building your own website can be very easy or hard depending on what you want to do. I recommend getting a domain name and hosting service from 1&1 Internet Inc.. You can use their free web building software or I recommend Ewisoft. It ia a free website building tool that is simple to use.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did my own using a desktop publishing program.

I`ve always designed my own flyers, business cards, invoices with cheap software from Sam`s. You can make a pretty decent site with very little site building knowledge using one of these programs. I`ve never used Front Page from Microsoft but I hear that one is very user friendly and easy to get started with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    Beemer what kind of special package?
    I offer full details at $200 this dose not include engines or head light restoration, those a charge extra for...if they book up early I offer them included in the $200 price...more for the money is the marketing idea....or you can offer them reduced price on a second detail for later in the summer / good months...this way you have the car up to speed and should spend less time on it...just package your detail services based on what you think will drive them back to you...flip this over and think what would make YOU want to book up earlier in the season...more for the money or a reduced second cleaning price....lastly put a time limit on that second detail....3 months is what I do..this way they don`t wait until early winter to come back and the car looks like the day you did it the first time
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I offer full details at $200 this dose not include engines or head light restoration, those a charge extra for...if they book up early I offer them included in the $200 price...more for the money is the marketing idea....or you can offer them reduced price on a second detail for later in the summer / good months...this way you have the car up to speed and should spend less time on it...just package your detail services based on what you think will drive them back to you...flip this over and think what would make YOU want to book up earlier in the season...more for the money or a reduced second cleaning price....lastly put a time limit on that second detail....3 months is what I do..this way they don`t wait until early winter to come back and the car looks like the day you did it the first time
    I like this idea Beemer!
    Anyone else, fill free to chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did my own using a desktop publishing program.

I`ve always designed my own flyers, business cards, invoices with cheap software from Sam`s. You can make a pretty decent site with very little site building knowledge using one of these programs. I`ve never used Front Page from Microsoft but I hear that one is very user friendly and easy to get started with.
    Troy, is this software inexpensive??

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was under a $100.00. It is called Art Explosion. I would probably recommend Print Shop though because I think it is even easier to use. Make sure you can build web pages with it.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I would spend this time making a website.
    How long does it take to get a site up and running??

Post Thanks / Like

Start with purchasing a domain (name) and then have it hosted (use space on their server) usually by the same company. I use godaddy.com

It`s pretty cheap, especially if you purchase more than a year at a time. From there you are better off following their faq`s about how to build your site and publish it.

Purchase the domain and hosting first then build your site either using their online site builder (which might be best for you) or a program like Print Shop. If you need help publishing your site, I will walk you through it.

Understand that your site is only going to help your business if you do it well. A poorly done site isn`t going to draw customers. I have a basic understanding of what a customer is looking for and how to optimize the site to rank well when they search for your services in your area. What I am trying to get at is it may be in your best interest to find someone with atleast some website design skills to either do it for you or help you with it.

If you really want to do it yourself then I would checkout a forum or two for web-designers. Just like people come here to pick up on tricks for detailing their car.

Post Thanks / Like

Start with purchasing a domain (name) and then have it hosted (use space on their server) usually by the same company. I use godaddy.com

It`s pretty cheap, especially if you purchase more than a year at a time. From there you are better off following their faq`s about how to build your site and publish it.

Purchase the domain and hosting first then build your site either using their online site builder (which might be best for you) or a program like Print Shop. If you need help publishing your site, I will walk you through it.

Understand that your site is only going to help your business if you do it well. A poorly done site isn`t going to draw customers. I have a basic understanding of what a customer is looking for and how to optimize the site to rank well when they search for your services in your area. What I am trying to get at is it may be in your best interest to find someone with atleast some website design skills to either do it for you or help you with it.

If you really want to do it yourself then I would checkout a forum or two for web-designers. Just like people come here to pick up on tricks for detailing their car.
    Thanks Troy!

Thread Information