Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Marketing Ideas Thread

Ok business minded folks, I am starting a general discussion thread about MARKETING and MARKETING IDEAS.
    Let`s see what you have, rattle your brains and get some ideas going. What have you found that WORKS for YOU? And what have you found that DOES NOT?

Shoot some ideas off the top of your heads, whether you think they are dumb or not. Chances are, they are NOT! What works in one area, always doesn`t work in another, so anything is worth a shot!!!!!!!!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marketing Ideas Thread

The first and best way that I found to market was online. I would put up ads on craigslist and then link them together. Here is an example. That is just one page. Anyway, I build 4 or 5 pages and then go back and link them together so that no matter what someone searches for to find my ad, they are still able to see all the services I offer without leaving craigslist. It has worked out so well for me.

Word of mouth is the next best way. I do that by leaving business cards with my customers to hand out to their friends. I`ve also been known to leave them with some vinyl stickers with my website URL on it that they have put in their windows to help me out. I`m always surprised how many people do it, but every now and then I`ll see one of my stickers in a window and recognize it as a car I detailed.

I am also a huge fan of local car clubs. I detail for the local Integra club and Supra club. I make it a point to organize detailing days and show & shine events for them. That has helped generate referal business a lot.

Having a website helps quite a bit too. You can`t always show everything that you can do on a business card, so having a website that they can go to helps. I am (still) working on mine, but it should be done this month>.

I`ll have to come up with some more. I know I`ve got some good ideas in here somewhere.

High quality High prices
    Post Thanks / Like

Go marketing after 5 pm at businesses. Owners are the last ones there usually.Look for high end cars in front or back of building.Then go get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing. I need to get with you with about craigslist. I need a bit of help posting pics and getting a good ad going. Yours looks amazing, real professional. Beats mine that is just words....LOL
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime. I just fixed the one I linked you to so that it has all five pages linked together. It doesn`t take long to post those on craigslist and then change all the links so they work like that. I came up with that toward the end of the season last year and didn`t get to use it much, so I am really looking forward to seeing the impact it has this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got started with this a month ago, so far I`ve only gone as far as posting on Craigslist and link some pictures from Photobucket. That`s because I am not dedicated, just 1-3 cars per week is fine...

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I`ve learned is that you never want to advertise unless you are prepared for the volume that it will create.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    One thing I`ve learned is that you never want to advertise unless you are prepared for the volume that it will create.
    AMEN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    so true.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are willing to give away a free detail, donating a "freebie" to a silent auction for a charity can generate new clients. The best part is that you get to help someone in need at the same time. I have done this a few times, once someone paid $300 for a detail.

Old Car Nut
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever what to really get serious contact your local Chamber of Commerce and see what they have to offer. Locally they do packet full of fliers to all the local Chamber members (about 1800 here in a town of 45,000) and most of the Chamber members are in the top 20% income bracket. Our packet ends up in the back room and most my employees will look though the deals.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not down with giving away freebies anymore... LOL If I charged for those freebies, I could make one of my mortgage and truck payments.

Post Thanks / Like

You make a VERY good point Texas! Frebies are a great way to ruin a business. However, if you use a freebie to get your name out to a LOT of potential customers, it pays off in the long run.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    If you are willing to give away a free detail, donating a "freebie" to a silent auction for a charity can generate new clients. The best part is that you get to help someone in need at the same time. I have done this a few times, once someone paid $300 for a detail.
    I have done this a few times. Just be careful to specify what the donated detail will be good for, because I have been burned doing this. The winner had a pigged out oxidized conversion van.

What a bargain!

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh!! There is no cause that worthy.
    LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information