Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marketing Ideas Thread

I don`t really do many freebies anymore, but I`m not above deeply discounting my services in order to win a customer that I know is going to generate lots of referals. I don`t discount services unless it is 3 or more vehicles. Everybody has two cars that you can detail, but not everybody will pony up a hundred bucks a car for three or four. If they are willing to give me that kind of business, then I`m not above giving them a break. I typically only knock off about 20% or so, but it is enough to secure the customer and obtain referals off the work. I still don`t underestimate the power of the freebie. I`m doing one this week for a neighbor who I know is going to show off his car to all his buddies in his Vette club. The freebie is going to be worth it in the short run easy on this one.

High quality High prices
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember to "Pay It Forward" I giveaway 1 full detail a month to a worthy cause. My way of saying thank you to the big man in the sky.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineFX View Post
    Just remember to "Pay It Forward" I giveaway 1 full detail a month to a worthy cause. My way of saying thank you to the big man in the sky.
    I like your way of thinking By charitable (assuming that`s what you mean by worthy cause), is that by way of raffle? Do you work through a large organization like United Way to find your charity or through your church? Do you place a travel limit on the offer? I have considered doing just this along with a local car show which benefits Habitat for Humanity, but there are a number of out of town (and state) participants and I haven`t resolved a way to handle it if one of those people won.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Marketing Ideas Thread

Any of you guys do clear bra installs? I was considering offering this to my mobile business. . . obviously 3M or a reputable brand. Any thoughts on this? Offering this as well as mobile detailing seems like it could have its marketing benefits.
    GeT ThaT ShoW SHiNe YoU DreAmeD oF

Post Thanks / Like

I know people who do that. It is a really profitable job. Low overhead and you can charge upwards of $500 for the install. Good installers only take a couple hours to do the whole front end on a car. I would strongly suggest getting training on how to do it properly though. They are not the easiest things in the world to put on. If you screw up when you are almost finished, then you get to throw it away and start all over again. It would be profitable to be a certified ClearBra or similar company installer because you could offer the services at car dealerships and places like that. You just have to pony up the money to get the training and be certified and then it is all you. I believe Dwayne was going through that process at one point. Maybe Troy knows more about this aspect of the industry and will pitch in.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brk4euros View Post
    Any of you guys do clear bra installs? I was considering offering this to my mobile business. . . obviously 3M or a reputable brand. Any thoughts on this? Offering this as well as mobile detailing seems like it could have its marketing benefits.
    You really should start a new thread for this question.

It will get better response in it`s own thread.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. doing the research......
    GeT ThaT ShoW SHiNe YoU DreAmeD oF

Post Thanks / Like

This has worked out quite well for me. I`m mobile so keep that in mind. Once a week I`ll draw a past customers` name from a "hat" and call them up and annouce that "You are the winner of our "Free wash of the week". Their suprised and it will put me back in the neighborhood/office complex where I want to be seen. I tell them that it has to be done within a week and nobody but nobody has turned me down yet. It works great.
    The only downside(?) to this is that I`m getting really busy and can`t do this as much as I could. But if you have a open day it works just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

In a business such as ours since I bet a lot of people here are not stretching out hunders of miles beyond their base of operation, word of mouth is going to be your best marketing strategy.
    If you want to book up your next few weeks, take a moment and go through your contacts in your phone. Find the 5 people who you think have the greatest sphere of influence, write those five people down, and call them asking WHO THEY KNOW, not if they know anyone who would be interested in getting their cars detailed, and ask for their numbers. Don`t ask them to give your info to those people. They won`t do it. them do your marketing for you. It`s your business not theirs. Get those peoples names and call them saying that you were refered by so and so.
    I do this about once a month. I did it yesterday and with in 10 minutes of picking up the phone, I had 3 cars booked and at least $900 waiting for me to pick up :-)
    Hope this helps!!

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Had I pursued a larger scale detailing business, I was going to hook up with the local golf courses. Offer a free detail to the Pro in exchange for using his parking lot for doing business.

The average round of golf is almost 4 hours. That should be enough time to get a full detail. Maybe not enough time for full paint correction. At least for me.

Hit the more expensive courses. The game of golf is a money magnet. It would be a very convenient service for your clients as there car would be sitting there anyway. Add to that, another golfer sees Mr. Jones` BMW getting a fresh detail, they feel compelled to follow suit and not shown up by Mr. Jones.

I had really good luck with networking with other types of business. I had a great deal working with the local day spa. The client would get there services while I detailed their vehicle.

Auto repair shops are always asked by their customers if they offer detailing services. I networked with one shop and would work at least 2-3 weekends a month there. Again the customer`s vehicle is going to be left there anyway why not get a detail. Plus the repair shop manager loved the image I created for his shop. A total car care facility from repair to detailing. I had a buddy that tinted windows set up shop there too.

Post Thanks / Like

I put an ad up on craig`s list after seeing this. I got a hit on a job today.. I though of this a few weeks ago, after seeing a BMW that was dirty and this guy got out of his car. "Going on a date? Why treat your date to a dirty car? Have it cleaned, gals like clean." haha

Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth and tactical bargain details. For example the guy that owns the gym I`m at got a complete detail for bargain $$$ if he would tell others. It`s unreal how that spreads. The gym, golf course, doctors office, realtors, denist. Oh forgot, last week scheduled four from the gym.

Post Thanks / Like

I offered a free extreme detail to our church as part of an auction they were doing. After I spoke with the winning bidder I got 5 more cars from people who were in the audience. So it worked out nicely.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

My latest Ad Strategy was to take out a half page coupon in a local clipper magazine. This certain magazine only goes out to local executive parks and high rises uptown Charlotte. I offer 10% off if you book online, free shampoo with wash, and polymer upgrade with wax. So far its been two weeks and I`m really starting to see a great return.

Post Thanks / Like

three years later but still gonna post. here in my town we have mel trotter ministries that accepts donated vehicles, then gets them mechanically fixed to sell to generate income for the ministry. the lot is on the busiest road in a city of 500,000. by donating one free detail a week or two my mobile unit is seen by a couple of thousand people a day. and it is a write off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information