Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: props again to craigslist!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    Pretty sharp looking van...very clean...any rubbing issues with the back tires?

what have you done on the inside?

I had one just like it back in the 70`s rug kit inside and pistipe and rims was all...og yea and a xxxxxing 8 track!!!

I had a name for but can`t print that here, had something to do with cats
    That van must have provided fun times for you and your friends Dave!

Just kidding. Saw this smilie and wanted to use it
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Jordan_B

I don`t have rubbing issues now because the back is lifted two inches. I installed a decent sound system, a small couch/bed, and wood panels all around, with red shag carpet!! I want to loose the carpet now and do diamond plate for the floor. I want a good mobile detailing setup so pimpin is going to have to be on the back burner for now...lol

My logo is going on the side this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Logo will look cool on that van
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to do 2 business listing a week on there. I pick up a bit of work from it.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I could track around $2000 a month directly from craigslist and referals from craigslist customers. It is gold around here. Now there are a few more detailers advertising on it, so we`ll see how good my marketing skills are this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman
    Last year I could track around $2000 a month directly from craigslist and referals from craigslist customers. It is gold around here. Now there are a few more detailers advertising on it, so we`ll see how good my marketing skills are this year.
    What do you use in your ad? I see all kinds of them here

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Not to brag, but I really do think that I`ve got a great way of doing it. I build multiple html ads and then I link them to each other. Basically I build it like a web page. I`ll do four pages. A page for interiors, a page for exteriors, engine detailing, and a general business information page. Once I build all 4 pages then I go back in and link them together with navigation buttons built into the design. It is hard to describe without showing you. I`m not going to start advertising until March sometime simply because I can`t handle the volume if I do it before then. I really do think it is an effective way of leveraging Craigslist for detailers.

EDIT: here we go. This is an example of the layout of the page. The navigation at the top doesn`t work, but you get the idea. http://space.businessballs.com/anthony_marc/ For engine detailing and exterior I have a picture of a before and after or something equally eye catching. It`s just a really fun way to advertise. Craigslist still lets you do pretty much whatever you want with html, so if you can build it in dreamweaver and host your pictures somewhere, then you can post it on craigslist.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks great idea!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone wants to use that template design then just right click and copy the source code into dreamweaver or whatever html program you use to create web pages. The pictures are hosted on photobucket. Just right click on them and save them to your machine and you can change them however you want. I found it to be a fairly effective template and method of utilizing criagslist to advertise. Like I said, I can`t even put them up yet because around here I know I`ll start getting calls right away. In fact, I earned one customer specifically because of the picture of my son vacuuming the back of that truck. lol He said it showed family values and that was what he was looking for in a detailer. I`ve probably made about $1500 bucks detailing for him and his referals. Man I love craigslist! If you are a detailer and you aren`t leveraging free classified sites like this, then you are missing out on a huge market of people looking for detailers.

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My only dealing with craigslist was a few months back when i was selling a set of wheels, the 22`s on my truck. Had a email then a few phone calls, Same guy. Kept trying to let me put them on his vehicle and test drive them around the block. Had to tell him how it is to get him to leave me alone. Some people will try just about anything i guess. I won`t use it anymore to sell any of my belongings.

Sounds like you got lucky and got some awesome help from it.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it!

I need to do something like that, but I am a total tool when it comes to designing sites and pages.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

If you are interested in getting something like that setup then shoot me an email and we can talk. If you like the template that I`ve already built then I can just use that and put your information in it and send you the code to post. Anything for a fellow Texan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information