Thread: Golf courses

Post Thanks / Like

Golf courses

So this has come up a number of times in the past couple years. Golf courses reaching out to local businesses to basically sponsor their score cards. The ones I`ve been contacted by range anywhere from $300-$500 to get a spot on every score card for the year.

Anyone actually tried this and did you have any additional business come from it? Trying to figure out if it`s worth it. Right now spring time I`m at capacity (usually book 3-4+ weeks out) but am not opposed to hiring someone to handle an increase in business

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Golf courses

I’m not a detailed but I’m in sales. If it’s a more affluent golf course may be worth it. I’d drive down on a sunny Sunday and check out parking lot. Lots of nice cars in need of work with guys who would rather golf. If your mobile talk to the course about doing it in lot while their golfing. If not still advertise “ detailed while you golf!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’m not a detailed but I’m in sales. If it’s a more affluent golf course may be worth it. I’d drive down on a sunny Sunday and check out parking lot. Lots of nice cars in need of work with guys who would rather golf. If your mobile talk to the course about doing it in lot while their golfing. If not still advertise “ detailed while you golf!”

I believe many private clubs would probably not allow detailing in the lot. They can be plenty snooty. That said, municipal courses may not have the same reservations. Either way I’ll bet they’d let you get some exposures by sponsoring a detail for one of their Scrambles or Club Tourney’s. They’ll usually let the sponsored hole have printed advertising material at the tee box and potentially business card handouts. Now that may cost you a detail up front but if you could get some pictures of one of the players detailed cars posted on the hole the next time around it might be a way to get some exposure.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Coatings. If it’s a private course (requiring membership) usually there are some very well off people there (doctors lawyers etc). If it is a shabby course (one not taken care of very well) I probably wouldn’t. I just think the private course you’d have a better chance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I believe many private clubs would probably not allow detailing in the lot. They can be plenty snooty. That said, municipal courses may not have the same reservations. Either way I’ll bet they’d let you get some exposures by sponsoring a detail for one of their Scrambles or Club Tourney’s. They’ll usually let the sponsored hole have printed advertising material at the tee box and potentially business card handouts. Now that may cost you a detail up front but if you could get some pictures of one of the players detailed cars posted on the hole the next time around it might be a way to get some exposure.
    That’s where salesmanship comes in. You got to get the golf course to see your vision. Think about it I’m rich, got a nice Mercedes and can get it detailed while I’m golfing.... maybe me and my rich friends come and spend $250 per person at this golf course TO get my car detailed. Just gonna need to be licensed and bonded.... this would benefits and increase revenue for both of them. Offer them perks to let you work their. Lots of options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    That’s where salesmanship comes in. You got to get the golf course to see your vision. Think about it I’m rich, got a nice Mercedes and can get it detailed while I’m golfing.... maybe me and my rich friends come and spend $250 per person at this golf course TO get my car detailed. Just gonna need to be licensed and bonded.... this would benefits and increase revenue for both of them. Offer them perks to let you work their. Lots of options.
    Good luck!
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I`d avoid the private clubs. They are going to have 500 - 750 members and you are advertising to the same guys all year, plus maybe some invited guests. If it is a high end public course, you will be exposed to 300 - 400 new people every day. That`s about 100,000 different people in a year (less their repeat customers which may be as high as 25%. But that is better exposure.

Post Thanks / Like

I advertised on the myloopcard scorecards which hit about 15 local courses in my area and I put a coupon in there to track it. I got a lot of new business.
    Likes John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was in sales all my adult life....also played a lot of golf....personally I would not advertise on a score card....

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

If it takes 3-4+ hours perhaps, to do 18 holes, how much of a Detail will you be able to do ?? Even with 2 guys, who are really great and fast, how many can you do?
    Will they allow you to put up a couple of big pop-up tents in the parking lot?? What about water, what about drainage for it?
    Electricity? You have your own generator?? Will it be too loud and disturb the golfers?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

This got bumped...

ive been asked yearly by numerous golf courses about purchasing ad space on score cards. I just politely tell them I’m not interested. They just want my money. I prefer word of mouth advertising anyway. Carries more weight and best of all it’s free
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

One place you try is your local diners..where I live some diners have paper place mats..that companies advised on..it can`t be. Expensive a another thing all golfers care about is what their score was and drink beer lol

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve seen those detailer ads on diner place mats. In church bulletins too.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    This got bumped...

ive been asked yearly by numerous golf courses about purchasing ad space on score cards. I just politely tell them I’m not interested. They just want my money. I prefer word of mouth advertising anyway. Carries more weight and best of all it’s free
    I think you have answered your own question. I am not loath to advertising EXCEPT for the fact that the customer (that`s me) pays for that advertising in some way when I use that service. Depends on your goals as a business. More work, more profits, more new customers, more repeat customers.

I also think that reputable detailing businesses have a website that does their advertising for them these days. However, if your detailing is a side/garage/part-time other/fly-by-night cash "business", well, then word-of-mouth advertising is a very viable (and only) form for your detailing enterprise and business.
    (Hey, I know this guy who does really good detailing out of his house. He goes by the name "Captain Obvious". Wait `til you meet him; it will be self-evident.)
    GB detailer

Thread Information