Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Rate my business card please

If you were given this in person or found it on your vehicle window etc what would you think?

1st, it was not my idea to put professional on there..that was the wicked ex`s idea, and well you know how that goes... i wanted to input quality after professional personally but it looked too wordy.

I strongly feel I do the best work in my town for sure.

And i know i need a website link, workong on that site soon. The link goes to my facebook page.

I had these made avout two years ago and am almost out of the 1k i purchased, so contemplating a new style.

cards are largest thickness, gloss side on the pic- solid cards

everything is homeade, the logo is a soap bubble of pbl shampoo up close thru a good camera...the beads are synergy on top of pbl v1 on my trucks door.

Be honest..i can take it.

Thanks

-Brandt K.

Brandt K.
    Likes donbeezy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rate my business card please

Free loaner? Do I get the srt ?

IMHO, I`d rather see shiny car instead of the beads
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Free loaner? Do I get the srt ?

IMHO, I`d rather see shiny car instead of the beads
    I tried to put a shiny car on there first but with the vista print setups I could not get a car pic on there that looked right

free loaner is the frontier, btw and only one person in three years has taken me up on it.. and I`ve had ZERO workday detail inquiries btw

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I tried to put a shiny car on there first but with the vista print setups I could not get a car pic on there that looked right

free loaner is the frontier, btw and only one person in three years has taken me up on it.. and I`ve had ZERO workday detail inquiries btw
    ow
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the beads. Helps that they are so damn clear!!! They look like they pop out of the card, as if they`re 3D or real beads!

the other side, just doesn`t have a "finished" feel to it. Too much white background or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I personally like the beads. Helps that they are so damn clear!!! They look like they pop out of the card, as if they`re 3D or real beads!

the other side, just doesn`t have a "finished" feel to it. Too much white background or something.
    yea overall I feel this business card has failed me but I only paid like $50 for 1000 of them.

definitely not professionally made...I had traded a detail in the past for business cards but the guy screwed me over and I got burnt on the deal and he ended up with a free detail (live and learn)

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

to the cards defense..it looks MUCH better in person but the white space always irked me!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    to the cards defense..it looks MUCH better in person but the white space always irked me!
    So we felt similar about the white space.

Not a bad price, though. I paid MUCH more for MANY less. Good cards, and I liked them, but just so damn expensive. I`ll be getting some Vista on the next print job.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree on the white situation. It looks decent on the side where beads and all info are, but the side with logo and business name it feels "outdated" I guess, the letter style and color for "512..." Add to that.

I wouldn`t do much to the bead side of the card except play with different colors. I`d focus more on the other side of the card(the front I suppose?). Good price for that many. I have a design laid out for mine as well through Vista, just gotta finish up some things.

Adding: I really like the barcode idea, very cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    I agree on the white situation. It looks decent on the side where beads and all info are, but the side with logo and business name it feels "outdated" I guess, the letter style and color for "512..." Add to that.

I wouldn`t do much to the bead side of the card except play with different colors. I`d focus more on the other side of the card(the front I suppose?). Good price for that many. I have a design laid out for mine as well through Vista, just gotta finish up some things.

Adding: I really like the barcode idea, very cool.
    thanks..bar code idea stolen from Desert Inn in las vegas a few years ago when I went first and noticed they had one of those scanner things for you phone- thought it was a cool (modern technology) idea

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Brandt,

I`m old school and still feel like a business card is a must for any professional. I quite like your card but would make a couple of suggestions. I`d drop the owner operator and move the Professional Auto Detailing/er line down there. Find a way to work your quality viewpoint where you originally wanted it. "Quality results that you can see and feel" or something to the effect, you could mix those two lines up to convey your message.

Though you haven`t had much call for the loaner, I think that sets you apart from the crowd. Just make sure your insurance has you covered if you`re going to offer the service. A call to action on the back side can also yield positive results even if it`s nothing more than a free air freshener or maybe a punch card, 3 full details and receive a free sealant. Give the receiver a reason to act and to do it with you. Though the water beads look good, I`d find some way to put a shiny car on the card. Not necessarily a high end car but something that grabs your attention. A picture speaks a thousand words. Water droplets convey many things but not necessarily detailing related. A shiny car gets people thinking that way.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes 512detail, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m the opposite I guess,
    I look for white space and think it`s way better than being too crowded or busy. The front does a good job showing the essentials at a glance and your element placement is good.

I`m wondering about the beading shot though. As a hobbyist sort of detail guy, I know the message. I wonder if my neighbour grasps the meaning though. He`s an average joe and he`s going to look at it and see water beads and the underlying meaning is going to go over his head. The idea of `shine` doesn`t need a whole car shot either. Imagine a front fender swell shot of a recognizable car like a Corvette or an XKE Jag. A quartering shot of a Mustang. A hood shot with a Ferrari/Lambo/Bentley/Jag logo in the middle. Or half of a clean wheel/tire shot. All these convey the concept - ` Quality Plus `.

Oh, and I`d change the fonts a bit. The sans-serif font for the logo is fine. A serif font for the non-logo side though. You want that info to be read quickly and easily, internalized fast. Serif fonts do that. The italic counters the effect so maybe bold instead of italics. Palatino is a really nice serif font that makes word recognition extremely efficient.

But remember, I`m just an amateur, a rookie, a noob.

Post Thanks / Like

Any of these better?

Brandt K.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, what does 512 stand for? Is that your logo on the back or only for this card? Do you have a website?

Dropoff where? Do you have a shop or is it your house?

I could help design a card for you (no charge). I enjoy doing that stuff. I did the poorboysworld.com Header. I`ve done all the design on my site.
    >>>> Follow PROTEKT on Facebook
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail, ca.detailchick, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Poorboy, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input thus far..

Wow Troy that`s a generous offer and I will definitely take you up on it. I have zero design skills and potentially bad taste, lol, so I could use any good help available.

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information