Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rate my business card please

512 is the area code here in austin (buda and kyle too...although they just started a new one)
    Thats how little creativity i had..haha

I do this out of my house, yes. I just didn`t want to put my home address on there you know, but im pinned on google maps as well

Brandt K.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@Protekt View Post
    First of all, what does 512 stand for? Is that your logo on the back or only for this card? Do you have a website?

Dropoff where? Do you have a shop or is it your house?

I could help design a card for you (no charge). I enjoy doing that stuff. I did the poorboysworld.com Header. I`ve done all the design on my site.
    yes, Troy can help you and give you ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    512 is the area code here in austin (buda and kyle too...although they just started a new one)
    Thats how little creativity i had..haha

I do this out of my house, yes. I just didn`t want to put my home address on there you know, but im pinned on google maps as well
    it should say mobile detailer and dump the loaner .. too much liability ...

OK as far as my opinion .. yeah getting 1k cards for a great price is fine if you never want to update and you want a thousand customers .. I prefer a magnetic card so that people put it on the fridg and don`t just lay it down to get lost ... if you do put a car on it, it should be a vehicle that your target market car is .. doing daily drivers and having a Ferrrari on your card might turn your customers off .. if you do Ferrari`s then you should have a Ferrari or similar ... as previous people have said ... I like simple and not too crowded with info .. they need your number more than anything and what you are ...Detailer Supreme
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes GearHead_1, 512detail liked this post

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it might be area code but it confused me because your phone number has a different area code.

Since your mobile and also do work out of your house I would say something like

512 Detail
    Mobile Car Washing and Detailing by Appointment. Your Place or Mine.
    Serving the Austin area since 201x

That`s about all I would put on the front of the card. Save your name and number for the back so they have to turn it over to see what`s there too.

So step one. We need a logo. The rest of the card needs to compliment the logo. I will design a couple. Feel free to give me some input to help me design what you will like.
    >>>> Follow PROTEKT on Facebook
    Likes 512detail, Migue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you ever take my advice have this guy do your cards. I think I paid 120 or 160 for double sided cards on very nice stock. He designs dozens of cards for guys on another site I am active on. Plus he will design you an awesome looking website if you want someday. I dont know him other than he made my cards.

Business Card Design & Printing from KBK GraphX
    Likes 512detail liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely dumping the loaner

The logo, going to have to dig for ideas there. I thought I was being original but I could see a need for a new one.

A call to action- need to determine best approach for me there. Ideally I`d rather give a discount on a drop off but the market here wants mobile.

No water restrictions but honestly I`d prefer not to load up for less than x $ unless its a maintenance type wash so I`m working on that part pricing wise.
    I literally have 2 days a week I can work.

But there`s plenty of work to be had around here. I`m just trying to be more of a quality person than quantity. So i guess that needs to be incorporated into my call of action.

I never saw so many flaws in my business model until I posted this card.

Glad I did now. I needed to see these issues brought up.

I will be working on those ideas specifically.

Thank you!

White space
    Fonts
    Visual appeal
    I`m essentialy clueless and went with what I thought looked good at the time. Card is about 3 years old, mind you.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512-detail-front.jpg

Here`s my first attempt at the front of the card.

Am I on the right track?
    Likes Poorboy, JohnZ3MC, Migue, ShawnF350, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512-detail-back.jpg

and here`s the back.
    Likes 512detail, JustJesus liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandt -
    As I for the first time read down the posts, I was exactly in the mindset of Troy @ Protekt ---

What does 512 mean?

What is your Logo again ?

They all need to connect in the mind of the reader...

And - the Free Loaner for Dropoffs means exactly what ?? Free Loaner, to get dropped off? How do I get back ? Do I drop the Loaner off?? See what I mean??

My business card has the front of a 1963 Ford GT-40 Mark IV in yellow on a black background in the center of the card.. The entire card is black..

The GT-40 has black racing stripes down the middle of the hood with red pinstripes next to the outside edge of the racing stripes..
    The red lettering on my card is that same color, so I have a little matching effect going on...

Business name at the top - Dan`s Auto Detailing - White letters, Centered

Custom Detailing for Your Car`s Needs - 2nd line - White letters, Centered

The Beautiful front end pic of the Ford GT-40 in the middle Centered

Address-Red Letters Bottom left corner, Phone Number - Red Letters, Bottom right corner
    City, State-Red Letters Next line bottom left corner, Website information- Red Letters, Next line bottom right corner

Back of the card is white and Blank....

I took the card down to a really good graphic designer and he made it into a vinyl that was put on the front door sides of my Black Grand Cherokee just perfectly centered and much bigger but in scale with the door...

It looks beautiful and people slow down to read it all the time on the freeway or wherever I go...
    If I have the window open, many ask me questions, and take down the number and call me..

I still get calls at least once a week from people who have that card, and I moved away from WA. State 4 years ago...

Loaners - If it was neighbors who we knew, or trusted repeat Clients, I just gave them the Jeep and their vehicle was in my garage until I was done, and they came back with my car..

Sometimes I took people back to Microsoft, etc., and they got rides, etc., until we had to meet again, or they came down and picked up the vehicle..

I had huge insurance and a $1M Liability Policy, and I never offered to loan my vehicle to idiots...

Most people unless they are helpless or something, go to take their car in for service and figure out how to get home or work from there, right? It`s the same thing here...

Good Luck; you got this !
    Dan F
    Likes 512detail, Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To be brutally honest, it looks like crap. If you handed this to me I wouldn`t know what it was until I started reading the card. The font doesn`t look professional. The soap bubble(s) looks like a tiny earth/solar system.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512-detail-front.jpg

Here`s my first attempt at the front of the card.

Am I on the right track?
    I like it. I lost my .com to, well a long story...but i have the .net too

card is definitely much better than mine and like where this is headed.

Thank you

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madicev8 View Post
    To be brutally honest, it looks like crap. If you handed this to me I wouldn`t know what it was until I started reading the card. The font doesn`t look professional. The soap bubble(s) looks like a tiny earth/solar system.
    That`s the sprit!

Hey, that`s my sttempt at originality. I`m a researcher/statistician by education...i have no graphic design bone in my body apparently

Brandt K.
    Likes Poorboy, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I like it. I lost my .com to, well a long story...but i have the .net too

card is definitely much better than mine and like where this is headed.

Thank you
    Tell me any changes you want made and I will send you over the print ready files.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me any changes you want made and I will send you over the print ready files.
    thanks so much Troy..I`ll shoot you a pm later..going to mull some ideas over on for the back

thinking about taking the advice of removing owner/operator but not sure what to put instead-- detailer supreme sounds cool, I like it- but I`m not sure how that sounds to the lay person?
    and I need to make sure my old .net still works (so I can get the email correct on there)

I don`t want to put a gmail account or something, you know. looks amateur IMO to do that.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t be afraid to put the "Detailer Supreme" on there if that`s your personality. It shouldn`t turn anyone off and if it does I doubt it`s someone you want to do work for anyways.

As far as e-mail goes. If you don`t have a website then stick with a gmail account or possibly a facebook e-mail. Again it depends on the clientele you are best suited for right now. The people that think a gmail e-mail is amateur are going to be the same people that think not having a website is amateur. Why bother with one if you`re not going to have the other?

The important thing to do is look at your whole appearance through the eyes of your target customer. That includes personal appearance, marketing material, business equipment, pricing... it all should be consistent. Having a fancy website and fancy cards with ferraris on them and then showing up in flip flops and a faded tshirt working out of a car trunk might not get you much business. Definitely not any repeat business.

You might want to get feedback from some of your favorite customers that you`ve had the most success with. Feedback is an area I`ve not taken advantage of fully either. How did we do e-mails are very valuable.

Since your using your facebook as the face of your business online right now. I would focus on making it very customer friendly and have the header look the same as your business cards
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

im ok with detailer supreme but would it be better fit if I put -
    serving your car (or serving the Kyle-Buda area since 2012)- since I don`t go into Austin for the most part - there are plenty of detailers there

as far as target market, yea I`d prefer to work on nicer cars but I`m really wanting to get more correction and coating jobs (im not ready to take on an exotic or anything real high end though)

I am going to buy a paint thicknesss reader here pretty soon as well. I figure its a good investment to make. and the one on ACC looks like it`ll do and double points is never a bad thing (essentially a $25 rebate)

so far the only email I can verify works 100% is - 512detailinfo@gmail.com

I`d like to do a couple more details and take that money towards a go daddy or wix website (got some great advice from that thread I started)

everyone I`ve showed that card you made to liked it MUCH more than my current one- not surprising (yours is much better) but good to hear as well

Brandt K.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information